Dumb question about smart use of x/y with the MFC

pdelanghe

Hi,
Sorry if the question has already been answered, I looked on the forum quickly and I did not find it.

Here is what I want to do and I don't know how to do it. i want to use the x/y functions with the MFC, using the same switch to trigger 3 states for effects : off / x / y and two states for amp (x/y) . I know that there are specific midi cc for the x/y states of effects, but I would like to save the switches (I like monster rigs with tons of effects). AND there is some logic to it : press on drive, get drive in status x, press again, get in in status y, press again, bypass. At least, I find it logical :) And ideally, would be the same logic with the presets : press preset, get amp in state x, press again, get it in mode y. Less dancing than having to use the reveal function.

For now on the MFC i've done very basic stuff, i'm in axe mode and I just map the cc to whatever the axe wants and I'm not very comfortable with all the midi programming. So what I want to do now is more tricky and I have not found the answer in the MFC manual or wiki.

From a purely programming perspective, it's sending two or three different ccs depending on the previous state of the switch. I'm sure it's doable ...

Thanks for your helps midi experts on the forum.

Reactions: sam
Not dumb at all, it's a great idea IMO. It's the missing link to maximize use of the great x/y feature - saving spare IA switches for other FX! Doesn't the Liquid Foot have this capability?

Would it be too difficult for FAS to implement this feature? Please! ;)

Not a dumb question at all( if so, that'll make a few of us,lol)
This was going to be the "part 2" of my Bounce Back post from a week or so ago on here,Lol.

I think it's a great idea for those live situations when you want to focus on the crowd, while switching patches. All you would have to do is hover your foot over one switch for multiple results.

Reactions: sam
Personally I wouldnt want that option. I just want to toggle between 2 states with the X/Y not the off state as well. Having said that if it could be implemented as a "choice" then great.

I like to have my individual FX on/off on dedecated buttons - BUT you CAN assign the X/Y of different FX to a single button. Not sure if its how you ant it but you could have 4 buttons "as a for example" dedicated to the on/off state of delay, chorus, reverb and phaser - while a 5th button toggles between the X/Y states of all 4 effects. If the effect is Off, nothing will change - its still off, but when you engage any of them they will be in the X/Y state determined by the 5th button.

You could assign it so that you have one drive, and one amp along with delay reverb and phaser set up for X, then a second drive, amp delay/reverb/phaser settings in the Y state. The drive/delay/reverb/phaser all have seperate on/off IAs - so with the 5 buttons on the controller you a lot of combination options.

Well this feed-back is encouraging :) Paul, your idea of having one global x/y for all effects is an interesting workaround. I'll try this ... hoping that Cliff or another of the Fractal folks stumbles on this thread and finds it interesting. I agree with Iggypop - it just sounds like a "natural extension" of the X/Y concept. I agree that's is probably "not complicated" to implement ... but as a software guy, they may have other priorities !
Thanks and I will post my progresses.

Yes, liquid foot can do this. Mfc has ease of use advantage, but for depth of programming, LF smokes it. You can step through any sequence of actions you want with one button.

Back
Top Bottom