Fixed Drive type change crashes AX FX 111

Mikeohman

When I try to change the drive type I get a loud pop, Output LED's go to 100%, AX FX 111 is frozen. If I re-start Axe Edit, I am able to change the drive type 1 time without the AX FX crashing. Mac with latest OS, latest Ax Edit, 12.09 firmware.

Updated to 12.11 and still have the same problem. Usually I can make 1 change, AX FX always crashes on the second try.

Ok, so when you are in AxeEdit, in the upper left portion of the screen you see 12.11 and not 12.09, correct? I seem to recall a time or two over the years, where a user thought they had updated the firmware, but for whatever reason, it didn't complete.

Yes, the pop happens on more than 1 preset / the bug is not preset dependant, and only happens with the Drive block thus far.

10-4. I guess I'll let someone else have a go. Oh, one thing I did experience that was similar, in the loud thump, I was on a preset that had very high levels, which seemed to exacerbate the issue. You can always reach out to support if the other members can't help you resolve this. Best of luck. I know that sucks.

Older versions of AXE EDIT do not work with 12.11. Therefore, he would have to be running 1.06 in order for AXE EDIT to show that he’s running 12.11.

Older versions of AXE EDIT do not work with 12.11. Therefore, he would have to be running 1.06 in order for AXE EDIT to show that he’s running 12.11.
It requires updated firmware for Axe-Edit to work properly. Which is exactly why I asked...

Nothing was said (in the Axe-Edit thread) about what happens to Axe-Edit if you're not using the right FW. For all we know it still connects but functions badly.

In any case we already got the answer.

From the 12.11 Release Notes:

“NOTE: This firmware is NOT compatible with Axe-Edit versions prior to 1.06.00. You MUST install 1.06.00 or later BEFORE using Axe-Edit with this firmware.”

Just want to confirm same issue here. Firmware 12.14 AxeEdit version 1.06.03.

Drive block type changes cause meters to pin at 100% and AXE is hung until hard reset. Have not found the pattern to replicate. Sometimes I can work in Drive block for extended periods w/o issues then.....bang.....dead. Always on type change.

Did the proper installs with version sensitivity etc....this is new since AxeEdit 01.06.

Back
Top Bottom