Drive Block Question.

neale dunham

Experienced
Hi chaps,

Am I right in thinking that the "level" Knob within the Basic page of the Drive Block, controls the level/volume of the gain in exactly the same way as a Tube Screamer level knob would operate for example? Therefore, 5:00 level = Unity gain?

Thanks.

yes, the level pot is kind of a boost/attenuator for the loudness of your signal. 5 should be unity gain.

There's no specific position on the level control for unity gain. It depends on the drive setting. Just use your ears and compare the enabled and bypassed levels to each other.

There's no specific position on the level control for unity gain. It depends on the drive setting. Just use your ears and compare the enabled and bypassed levels to each other.
yes, it depends on the drive setting. But i thought 5 was unity in hence of the level. Have not measured it, just assumed. If i am wrong, dont listen to me ;)
EDIT: @mr_fender you are most certainly right
I was under the impression that when turning the distortion/overdrive dow to zero, unity gain would be at 5. This is not true. I found proof testing with the looper.
I looped one note, and then i learned something new. Thanx

Last edited:
To my knowledge, unity can be at different levels with the level of the drives? For example, I believe the Tone of Kings for perceived unity is around 5 ish, but for something like the Heartpedal 11, it hits the front end of an amp much harder at 5 on the level, so I find 2.5 or so may be considered unity (ish).

Using a real tube screamer as an almost clean booster you'd crank it's volume all the way up and then lower gain in return down to the point where you still have some volume boost into your amps input but with the distortion from the TS as low as possible.

Back
Top Bottom