Dream Pop / Cocteau Twins inspired preset

fuzzyoctaves

Inspired
When I'm not riffing out crushing metal, I like to play some ethereal Dream Pop.
This is loosely inspired by a couple of Cocteau Twins songs and includes some foot controlled effects that fit a Dream Pop / Shoegaze / LoFi esthetic.
To get it all working requires a few connected pedals and external switches (or using Control Switches with an FC6/12). Adjust these according to your setup.

Two scenes here:
Main: This is the primary tone that is pretty wet with Chorus, Delay, Reverb, etc.
Waves: This is Main with added rhythmic waves of distortion.

Controllers to adjust:
1. Pedal1: Output volume in Out1.
2. FC1 Pedal1: Controls the Volume1 Block for swells, etc.
3. FC1 Pedal2: turns the Tremolo on and adjusts the rate.
4. FC1 External Switch 1: Momentary switch that engages a Plex Delay block for a descending "whoosh" similar to doing a slight tremolo bar depress
5. FC1 External Switch 2: Momentary switch that engages a Delay for a warped record effect (taken from the Warped Vinyl stock preset)
6. Control Switch 1: Virtual Capo bypass (default is -2, but I have the shift amount for Pitch Block 1 set as a Global Performance Page setting)

1,2,6 are more general things I include in my presets and can all be cut without changing the basic character of the preset.
3-5 are not "essential," but I consider them all to be genre appropriate "tricks" that I use in a lot of similar presets.

I hope you enjoy this and I'd love to hear tweaks, suggestions and clips!

Attachments

• Cherry Colored [FzO].syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom