Wish Draggable Sub-templates/Topology Sections

rzjd

Inspired
Say you like to use the same type of sections in most of your presets

ex.
input -> pitch -> comp -> drive -> drive -> amp
or
cab -> flanger -> chorus ->pitch -> (parallel stack of shunt/delay/reverb)

I think it would be handy to have partial draggable sub sections.

I realize that a standard template could be used when starting from scratch but if you're editing someone else's preset where you love the core tone but like your own standard set of effects, it would be a few clicks away.
Just a thought

yes and no.
I'm not thinking of a multiple blocks copy as much as a section copy. Be able to save this whole thing as a saved section to be put onto another preset. Break the grid into multiple copy zones. it wouldn't even matter what type of reverb, delay or multdly block it is. Just thinking of the topology itself.

1707833592288.png

Case in point, I bought a bunch of NKP presets (about 100) and I think they are great and love the core tones. But I have my own favorite pre effects and post effects. I'm now going through 100 presets and altering each with my own effects and it is quite time consuming when doing that many presets. Just thinking of a simpler way.

Last edited:
yes and no.
I'm not thinking of a multiple blocks copy as much as a section copy. Be able to save this whole thing as a saved section to be put onto another preset. Break the grid into multiple copy zones. it wouldn't even matter what type of reverb, delay or multdly block it is. Just thinking of the topology itself.

View attachment 134957

Case in point, I bought a bunch of NKP presets (about 100) and I think they are great and love the core tones. But I have my own favorite pre effects and post effects. I'm now going through 100 presets and altering each with my own effects and it is quite time consuming when doing that many presets. Just thinking of a simpler way.
The editor would need to be able to select multiple blocks to save and then restore.

It is effectively the same thing, your idea just adds persistent data.

I'm sure you're aware of the block library? It isn't a solution for your wish but it would help in your use case, I think.

Just a thought

I think it's a good thought.

That highlights one of the biggest usability shortcomings of the Axe-FX...it's harder to go from a blank slate to a working preset than with other modelers. There's a general lack of drag and drop interactivity (e.g. the grid presentation instead of a less restrictive UI that would allow you to drop a new block in-between existing blocks) and the need to build presets from small details (e.g. other modelers don't make you construct the input and output in your preset).

There are pros and cons, but there are ways, like your idea, to make it easier to build presets without sacrificing the flexibility we all value in the Axe-FX.

Back
Top Bottom