Does using reset system parameters make Axe III Factory

MackieFX

Experienced
I know ive messed up some amps by resetting them and just want everything back like it was when I bought it + new FW

Resetting the system parameters does not change your presets at all. It resets all the system settings you have selected in the setup menu (General, I/O, MIDI/Remote, FC Config, etc.).

Whenever you select a different amp model, it is loaded with all the default settings except for a few key parameters like gain, treble, middle, bass, master volume, etc. All the "advanced" parameters are reset. There's no way to mess up the defaults for amp models.

If you want the factory presets back like they were, you'll need to download them from the Fractal website and reload them.

I know ive messed up some amps by resetting them and just want everything back like it was when I bought it + new FW
There are some workflow tricks that can help avoid unintentionally overwriting presets or to provide a way to reverse the damage:
  1. Back up the modeler often. Nothing beats having a fresh backup.
  2. When you have a preset you want to modify or fiddle with, save it to a new preset slot before you make any changes.
  3. Don’t click Save until you really mean it.
  4. Learn, and use, the Snapshot tool. Click it before you make a change and it will allow you to revert to the starting point. Click it again when you like a particular sound in the preset. You can move forward and backward through the changes you’ve made to the preset. Click Save when you are finished, but you can still revert to the starting point if you want.
  5. Use the Block Library to save individual changed blocks you like instead of saving the entire preset.
  6. Keep a copy of the current factory presets on your drive, or at least a thumb drive, so they’re handy and easily reinstalled. If you accidentally overwrite something you can use Fractal-Bot to (re)install an entire bank, or the Preset Manager to do the entire bank or individual files, by dragging the installation .syx file into the left pane of the manager, and selecting the presets you want and dragging them to the desired destination slots. Click Store when you want them written to flash memory on the modeler.

Back
Top Bottom