Does the FM9 stack and hold just like the Axe iii does?

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
Hello! I was wondering if the FM9 works the same with stack and hold as it does on the Axe iii? It works great with the Axe iii, but a big part of how I would use the FM9 would depend on this, as I stack with reverbs a lot, doing swells to create pads in church worship moments.

If I remember right, all three units have it. The difference is that the FM3 will still degrade over time; It doesn't have the horsepower that the other two have. Reverb takes a lot of CPU so some people use an dedicated reverb pedal to offload the job.

If I remember right, all three units have it. The difference is that the FM3 will still degrade over time; It doesn't have the horsepower that the other two have. Reverb takes a lot of CPU so some people use an dedicated reverb pedal to offload the job.
Got ya! But the FM9 has more horsepower to handle this?

Interesting - I’ve been using ‘hold’ on reverb and have not noticed it degrade over time - and sometimes I use it for several minutes at a time. Perhaps it depends on the particular reverb algorithm or settings?

Interesting - I’ve been using ‘hold’ on reverb and have not noticed it degrade over time - and sometimes I use it for several minutes at a time. Perhaps it depends on the particular reverb algorithm or settings?
I think it may be only the Delay that degrades but I'm not sure...

Bringing this back, as I never found a conclusion here. I just got my fm9 turbo, set up the hold function on digital delay on the EJ clean preset, and tested it for a while. I noticed that it does seem to degrade the delay hold on fm9. Anyone else find the same thing?

I also still haven’t figured out if it’s possible to have the “hold” carry over to another scene or preset. Like if I wanted to record the “hold” with one tone but play melody over it with a different tone. Couldn’t find a YT video or thread that covers that.

Other than that, the fm9 is awesome!!

Bringing this back, as I never found a conclusion here. I just got my fm9 turbo, set up the hold function on digital delay on the EJ clean preset, and tested it for a while. I noticed that it does seem to degrade the delay hold on fm9. Anyone else find the same thing?

I also still haven’t figured out if it’s possible to have the “hold” carry over to another scene or preset. Like if I wanted to record the “hold” with one tone but play melody over it with a different tone. Couldn’t find a YT video or thread that covers that.

Other than that, the fm9 is awesome!!
You can use a Control Switch to engage the hold and then make sure CS Per Scene is set to Last for all scenes you want it to stay on.

Thank you for that!

Man, this thing is so deep, I don’t even know what to search for half the time to find what I want. But searching CS per scene, the LT video pops right up. Brilliant!

Putting this here for anyone searching for this in the future. on the EJ Clean preset, there is a subtle LFO enabled on the digital delay that is connected to the hold function. This causes the delay to degrade pretty quickly, so set the Depth to 0%. Without the LFO, you can still hear the high-end roll off a bit, but it's much more stable.

Back
Top Bottom