Does all documents in the tech section of this forum still apply to the FM9

EdN

Hi all, newby here, at the end of today I hope to receive my first Fractal product the FM9
Now I'm already reading up the last week's, the manual , Yekes amp and drive guide and today I've started on the tech notes.
I'm wondering if all documents still apply to the FM9,
I don't want to turn knobs to find out later it was just a waste of time😏

Many things have changed over the years with various products.

The Tech Notes may or may not still apply.

The manuals are updated regularly.

Yek's guides should be pretty much updated.

Reactions: EdN
I think every tech note has very useful information in it, but it sometimes takes a certain level of understanding of the technology, and maybe its progression.

They’re definitely worth reading through periodically because they have some great insights into the technology.

I think every tech note has very useful information in it, but it sometimes takes a certain level of understanding of the technology, and maybe its progression.

They’re definitely worth reading through periodically because they have some great insights into the technology.
Thanks, sure will do

All? - no, but many notes apply to all the units - one has to consider differences why applying info.

All? - no, but many notes apply to all the units - one has to consider differences why applying info.
Yeah, understand, but sometimes, you starting to try to apply the things you read in the middle of the thread, and if page 6 sudden say, this is not needed since the last update.....
But anyway, will have no time for it anyway, since I received the FM9 turbo yesterday, ans spend the whole evening with it, and can't wait until I'm home again today,,😂😏

Yeah, understand, but sometimes, you starting to try to apply the things you read in the middle of the thread, and if page 6 sudden say, this is not needed since the last update.....
But anyway, will have no time for it anyway, since I received the FM9 turbo yesterday, ans spend the whole evening with it, and can't wait until I'm home again today,,😂😏
There's a lot of consistency between the units, so though you may hit the odd info that does not apply on one unit or the other, for the most part, it will apply. You'll spend more time trying to id the variations in applicability than just acknowledging them as they appear.

As useful and informative as they can be, you can have a long and beautiful relationship with your FM9--and achieve incredible tone--without ever reading one.

I'm not saying at all that you shouldn't read them. I'm just saying you shouldn't feel like you need to to get great tones.

Back
Top Bottom