Do You Even Desktop/Micro Amp?

wesleyamltd

Inspired
I don’t know about you but I love to play the guitar while watching tv.

I used to have a micro terror setup with a full blown mini pedalboard and it was perfect but cables were annoying, so I got the Boss Katana Air (BKA).

I had the BKA for 4 years and upgraded to the Katana Air EX.

I love the convenience of this setup and the tones, plus no cables.

Mind you, this setup is ancillary to my adult rig and fractal. That being said, do you have mini-kick around-amp other than your the main rig?

THR-10 which is stereo and has a "neutral" setting that sounds great for Axe-Fx cleans (or its own models). Haven't tried gain yet.
Loud enough to keep the neighbors interested... ;)

Back living at my parents' in high school, I'd stay up after everyone went to bed, nominally watching tv, but actually getting high and playing through a Princeton I added some gain stages to. That was fun :)

These days my wife is often in the living room watching tv, and while she likes that I play, she finds it annoying when I play there, even unplugged electric, and I admit I see her point.

So no couch amp at this point. I just go downstairs to my "studio" and Axe. Which works great, and it's soundproof enough down there that I can pretty much play at the volume I'd want to 24x7, no complaints from wife or neighbors. Lucky!

Back living at my parents' in high school, I'd stay up after everyone went to bed, nominally watching tv, but actually getting high and playing through a Princeton I added some gain stages to. That was fun :)

These days my wife is often in the living room watching tv, and while she likes that I play, she finds it annoying when I play there, even unplugged electric, and I admit I see her point.

So no couch amp at this point. I just go downstairs to my "studio" and Axe. Which works great, and it's soundproof enough down there that I can pretty much play at the volume I'd want to 24x7, no complaints from wife or neighbors. Lucky!
My wife doesn’t seem to mind my noodles, Iam able to keep it low but still woodshed.
I like being able to be near my family and play guitar, the best of both worlds. I was a cellar dweller for a long time with my last studio and it can get lonely. My new studio is on the first floor and has windows.

THR-10 which is stereo and has a "neutral" setting that sounds great for Axe-Fx cleans (or its own models). Haven't tried gain yet.
Loud enough to keep the neighbors interested... ;)
Gain it up mang! See what happens. The Katana EX is 5” speakers and stereo, it sounds big and immersive. I used rechargeable batteries and they’ve worked very well for years.

My wife doesn’t seem to mind my noodles, Iam able to keep it low but still woodshed.
I like being able to be near my family and play guitar, the best of both worlds. I was a cellar dweller for a long time with my last studio and it can get lonely. My new studio is on the first floor and has windows.
Couch player me wasn't appreciated back when I was on Helix in headphones, but I suppose I could give it a run again.

Oh wait, I don't want to bring my Axe up from the basement, and I don't have a headphone amp, so it's unplugged completely or nothing, for now. I could bring up an ancient laptop with Scuffham etc, maybe another time.

Speaking of which, lunch break, heading downstairs to the studio as we speak...

Couch player me wasn't appreciated back when I was on Helix in headphones, but I suppose I could give it a run again.

Oh wait, I don't want to bring my Axe up from the basement, and I don't have a headphone amp, so it's unplugged completely or nothing, for now. I could bring up an ancient laptop with Scuffham etc, maybe another time.

Speaking of which, lunch break, heading downstairs to the studio as we speak...
There are quite a few plug and play micro amps on the market that are super affordable….jus sayin

Back
Top Bottom