DL4 MkII - and FM9 setup?

Dennis01

Hi - I've got a Line 6 DLMkII - it has stereo 1/4 inch outs and I'd like to put it in front of my FM9 and run it stereo into the FM9 and then from there, wherever I want to route that signal. I tried patching cables from the DL4 into the 2 IN L & R of the FM 9 - but I get no signal. I'm guessing there is a input routing I need to change maybe?

BTW - the input 2 on the FM9 front panel shows a signal - I'm just not hearing anything.

Update! In a patch I changed Input 1 to 2 and now I hear the DL4 in stereo. But there must be a more global way to do this? I'm also assuming there are different placement options for the DL4 as well - post or pre- amplifier model etc. Where is the best resource to understand all these options?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
This doesn’t really help with your questions, but I’m wondering why you’d wan to use a DL4 when Fractal has so many incredible delay options. What does the pedal give you that the FM9 doesn’t?

I love my FM9 - don't get me wrong. But the DL4 MKII has a unique sound-print to it that is different from the FM9. I'd like to integrate it into the FM9 as an extension of the FM9.

I have not received any replies to this thread that have answered my question unfortunately.

Also - there are a slew of other pedals that do things the FM9 cannot come close to - for example I have a Hologram pedal by Microcosm. I'd love to know the different ways to insert that pedal in stereo as a send and return in various place within the FM9 signal path.

Back
Top Bottom