Div/13 FT37

Hey guys,

Not sure this is the best place to post this (my apologies if it isn't) but I really like this amp and was curious about channel 2 (which wasn't modeled). Is there any particular reason for this? In any case, does anyone who knows the amp have any ideas on how to recreate this in the Axe? I really love the sound and feel of that channel - both channels blended sound really cool too. Found a demo video where someone's doing just that (3:48 onwards):

I don't have hands on experience with the /13 but could come pretty close to replicating Channel 2 in the video by using the Div/13 FT 37 Low Amp model and setting the Saturation to On (Ideal) @ 1.50, increase the Bright cap to @ 480 pf, set the Negative Feedback (Power Amp page) @ 1.50 and set the Output Compressor (Dynamics page) to 'Feedback' @ 1.00. The Cab I used was a mix of the 2x12 Division 13 57 B (Factory 1 #939) and 1x12 Division 13 57 Cone TS (Factory 1 #290) IRs. While it got close, you may want to play around with the Output EQ in the Amp block to dial in the midrange bump.

I don't have hands on experience with the /13 but could come pretty close to replicating Channel 2 in the video by using the Div/13 FT 37 Low Amp model and setting the Saturation to On (Ideal) @ 1.50, increase the Bright cap to @ 480 pf, set the Negative Feedback (Power Amp page) @ 1.50 and set the Output Compressor (Dynamics page) to 'Feedback' @ 1.00. The Cab I used was a mix of the 2x12 Division 13 57 B (Factory 1 #939) and 1x12 Division 13 57 Cone TS (Factory 1 #290) IRs. While it got close, you may want to play around with the Output EQ in the Amp block to dial in the midrange bump.
In the video, it says the 2nd CHannel is modelled after a non Marshall British Class A amp. Why not start with an AC30?

In the video, it says the 2nd CHannel is modelled after a non Marshall British Class A amp. Why not start with an AC30?
Because it's still the Divided by 13 FT37. Just because it's modeled after a different Class A amp does not mean it's a direct clone. If the gain structure or tone changed drastically that would be a good idea. The gain structure remained very similar with a touch more gain and the only tonal difference I heard was a jump in the mids.

@amankhosla- Not sure yours has it or not, and I didn't hear you mention it in your video, but on my older FTR37 the Volume pot on the second channel (the NON click EQ channel) is a push/pull Mid/Gain boost. If you haven't tried it, you should. It adds another great dimension to the amp.

Scott A.

@amankhosla- Not sure yours has it or not, and I didn't hear you mention it in your video, but on my older FTR37 the Volume pot on the second channel (the NON click EQ channel) is a push/pull Mid/Gain boost. If you haven't tried it, you should. It adds another great dimension to the amp.

Scott A.
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately don't own the amp yet (that's not my video up there, was just. reference) but I've played through it before and loved it. Trying to get my hands on one as well :) In any case, I believe that's the difference between the the 'High' and 'Low' models in the Axe...

All good! Actually, and quite serendipitously, managed to get my hands on one yesterday! Looking forward to messing around with it and matching things up in the Axe... thanks again for the advice :)

Back
Top Bottom