Distorted low end strings ONLY on certain presets

MaximusPC

I have some "aftermarket" presets which are very good however, the low strings on mild distorted patches will behave (when lightly touched) distorted as if a blown speaker or artifact. It is the same outcome LP or Strat. I have messed with the gate, that did nothing. I have factory patches no issues, user patches off axe exchange, no issues, clean amps from the the aftermarket patches no issues. It is only on higher gain patches within their bundles. The "noise" is apparent when gently striking the low E string, its a Bzzzzz almost like an artifact.

Some the remedies ive seen posted here:
Gate
Input control
input trim
crossover adjustment

I have run through all of these variables and gone through all of the global settings, still have the "noise" and never have it on other patches. It genuinely reminds me of when I had first got my ax8 and was in a location requiring headphones, and they would fizzy/buzz. As I mentioned earlier in the post, this "noise" is ONLY on distorted amps (even mild fender deluxe) when this happens and not on any other higher gain factory/user presets. I have sent an email to the vendor and havent heard back.

You mention messing with the gate. Have you turned off all the gates? There is a gate block, but also gates built into the input blocks. I have definitely gotten similar sounds with gates that are opening/closing.

Also, how close is your guitar to your monitor(s)? If closer than about 3', you could be getting magnetic coupling.

You mention messing with the gate. Have you turned off all the gates? There is a gate block, but also gates built into the input blocks. I have definitely gotten similar sounds with gates that are opening/closing.

Also, how close is your guitar to your monitor(s)? If closer than about 3', you could be getting magnetic coupling.
Input block gate, not a gate in the grid. Im about 4' running low volume messing with this thing in my office. I have a pair of EV12s

Vendor has replied back, he was caught up in my corporate spam filter. He gave some suggestions also... It is a weird sound, and you dont notice when youre playing exactly, but it has triggered my ocd ears LOL

Its handled now. Low of the short for some inexplicable reason, turning the gate off or adjusting the knee made no difference. Just a shot in the dark I opted to lower the threshold to about -60 and voila.. no more artifacting. Chalk this up to a DB not doing the right thing and then ask for help lol Thank you fella's for your responses

Back
Top Bottom