Dirty Shirley - My Live Preset

Habuman

Power User
Lately, this has been my main live preset. Lots of compliments on the tone. Thought I'd share.

Nothing special but it covers the whole gig. Aerosmith, Thin Lizzy, Black Stone Cherry, Jason Aldean, Chris Stapleton, Whiskey Myers, The Dead Daisies, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tom Petty, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, GnR, and more...

Stock FAS legacy cabs = #37 4x12 Basketweave G12M25 (RW) and #52 4x12 UBER T75+V30 (RW)

Scene 1 - Clean
Scene 2 - Clean FX (Chorus)
Scene 3 - Rhythm 1
Scene 4 - Rhythm 2
Scene 5 - Lead (FAT switch engages)

My main guitar is a Walker guitar loaded with a Motor City Angel Dust humbucker in the bridge and a Walker P90 in the neck.

Most gigs are straight to FOH and using house monitors for stage. Sometimes if available, will run OUT2 to house amp FX loop and cab.

On 9.00 public beta 1.

Attachments

• HB Dirty Shirley.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Thank's for sharing!
Great preset!

(as a side note, I'm using a HH guitar pretty hot and I had to lower the volumes... the solo scene was clipping / reaching 10dB on the OUT1 meters)

Thank's for sharing!
Great preset!

(as a side note, I'm using a HH guitar pretty hot and I had to lower the volumes... the solo scene was clipping / reaching 10dB on the OUT1 meters)
Thanks.

All good on this side. No clipping. So not sure how that is happening.

I always run my Out1 and Out2 volume knobs at noon.

All good on this side. No clipping. So not sure how that is happening.
For sure! not meant to be an error... more of a warning for other HH users

I'm using it hooked to the PC so I'm using USB audio right now.
The levels I'm referring are the ones on the OUT1 block. I prefer to keep the loudest scene at +3dB as a maximum peak and all other scenes to 0 (but it's a personal preference)

Screenshot of your lead scene while strumming softly
Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 09.41.55.png

For sure! not meant to be an error... more of a warning for other HH users

I'm using it hooked to the PC so I'm using USB audio right now.
The levels I'm referring are the ones on the OUT1 block. I prefer to keep the loudest scene at +3dB as a maximum peak and all other scenes to 0 (but it's a personal preference)

Screenshot of your lead scene while strumming softly
View attachment 142646
Thanks for the input. I will give it a look and see if something was adjusted after the FW update. Just had a gig on Saturday without issue. So this is interesting.

Thanks for the input. I will give it a look and see if something was adjusted after the FW update. Just had a gig on Saturday without issue. So this is interesting.
It's only a personal preference!
I mean, if the "OUT 1 CLIP" led on the unit was not red, you're good to go!

If I remember well, someone was also pointing out that creating presets that were over the 0 meter line was resulting in a more "good" sound...

It's only a personal preference!
I mean, if the "OUT 1 CLIP" led on the unit was not red, you're good to go!

If I remember well, someone was also pointing out that creating presets that were over the 0 meter line was resulting in a more "good" sound...
No worries. Appreciate all input. If all you had to do was to lower some volume but still getting some decent tone (I hope) from the preset, great.

Checked my levels and the lead scene is hot. Never really focused on the scene level meters that much. More of listening/adjusting/fine-tuning while at rehearsal or soundcheck.

Back
Top Bottom