Direct input (dry signal) interfering.

mrsimud

How do i turn off dry signal monitoring when using FM9 as USB audio interface to play with amp modeling software in Reaper? FM9 manual did not help.

Oh I get what you’re trying to do, there’s a setting for this but I can’t remember what it was because I’ve never used it.

You can just use a blank preset, though. Make and Input and Output block with nothing else in between and you’ve got a nice, clean DI.

Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 8.23.04 PM.png

Use Inputs 5/6 to capture the input signal directly from Input 1. No blocks are needed on the grid at all for DI capture or USB playback.

Oh I get what you’re trying to do, there’s a setting for this but I can’t remember what it was because I’ve never used it.

You can just use a blank preset, though. Make and Input and Output block with nothing else in between and you’ve got a nice, clean DI.
FYI, that adds 18 dB of gain. Personally, I favor the approach Mr Fender mentioned. That way it doesn't matter what preset you have loaded. Simply take input from channels 5/6 and set the out 1 mode to "Mute". See the "Monitor Through DAW" topic in the recording guide.

Besides the big level boost, using the In to Out on the grid approach also keeps the input noise gate in the loop too unless you turn the threshold all the way down. A DI track should be totally unmolested IMHO.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I was using blank preset. Changing output 1 mode to mute solved the problem.

Back
Top Bottom