Digital Music Corporation GCP

rjpilot

Hello all. New here.

Recently purchased an axe...Looking to be gig ready with a floor controller....April 2nd is my target date for live use.

I am borrowing an old GCP (2002) from a friend. Its not the voodoo lab version. Is the voodoo lab online manual valid for the the old Digital Music Corporation version? I can't find much info out there on it. My bud is looking at selling it but he can't find the power adapter for it. I can't use a regular boss 9 volt adapter with it...It doesn't fit. I am a complete noob about midi and these types of floor controllers and help would be appreciated. Or just your thoughts on how much I should be willing to spend on the unit. Its 8 years old but in mint comdition. My bud never gigged with it. I had my mind set on the rocktron midimate before this but this one seems like it might be a better unit and a great deal...if my bud doesn't want to try and soak me.

-tom

I really no idea about the price but you should be able to find a proper adapter for the unit,
follow the specs written near power jack and try few different jacks to see which one fits.
Or even better, take it to an electric parts store and ask for help.

Call Voodoo Lab.
They will tell you exactly what you need to get. I just called them a few weeks ago before I sold mine.

It's a 9v 1000ma 2.5mm x 5.5mm neg tip I believe.

Either way, I ordered right from them. It cost ~$15 plus Fed Ex ground shipping.

I just got an adapter from Radio Shack. Seems to work just fine.

The unit has an older software update (v1.02) But otherwise is in great condition for being 8 years old. Works great. What would you say is a decent price that I should aim for? I would be buying it from a friend. I wanna stay close to 200. Is that too lowball?

Back
Top Bottom