Difference between factory OH IRs and ones available on their site?

I see in the manual it says these are exclusive "blends" but there are many similar names. Would I be buying dupes if I got all the ones off OwnHammer's site?

REALLY enjoying my unit btw. As an engineer, I particularly appreciate the immediately evident high level of detail employed in all aspects of the design and documentation. As a whole it screams function and execution first, with no fluff, marketing bullshit, or extraneous useless crap that so many larger manufacturers can't seem to get away from. This thing just plain delivers.

There would be some overlap, however the custom blends are mixes of specific mics/positions in the IR packs available on ownhammer and redwirez sites. If you want the flexibility to mix your own IR's from different mics and positions then buy the IR's. If you wouldn't bother mixing your own cab IR's don't bother.

I see so they cherry picked portions of the library for the factory presets? I probably won't mess with it at this point, so much other stuff to get caught up on. Thanks for the info.

I'm guessing it's more or less common mixtures that people were successful with in the past, there have been numerous threads on popular mixes for IR's my guess is they used the mix that they deemed to sound most in the room for each specific cab model, and from doing mixes in the past and trying other people's mixes, they did very well on the cabs I have tried. My opinion, other people may feel differently. I own the redwirez big box pack so I'll try some mixes at some point because the upgrade to the new cab IR's is free for redwirez.

Back
Top Bottom