Default effects order signal path

Geronimo

Hi. I finally got my FX8 this week. I just finished reading the manual, and I can't wait to get home to start messing with my new unit.

The default effects order on the CONFIG Page is 1>2>3>4>5>6>7>8, left to right. I would like the option where I can set it to 8<7<6<5<4<3<2<1, right to left. The right to left block order mimics a true live pedal board. Some effect types work better in certain parts of the signal path than in others.Is there an audible difference or will it amplify the noise if I manually reroute the order of the default signal path? I would like to place the WAH in the block #8 >(last block of the*chain), and delay in block #1.

FX8 Effects chain: WAH>DRV>PHR>DLY>REV

Can I route it like this?
REV<DLY<PHR<DRV<WAH

Hello,

A planned future revision will let you separate pedalboard switch order from signal flow, so you should be able to put effects on the floor where you want them once this comes out.

At the moment, what you see is what you hear.

FWIW, I thought the same thing way back in 2008 when I got my first Fractal (Ultra) and saw the blocks routing\signal flow going from left to right. Seemed backwards, I'd been stringing together stompboxes for years and they always go right to left. But you get used to it pretty quick, and at this point it would mess up all the Fractal users if this was reversed.

Hi. I finally got my FX8 this week. I just finished reading the manual, and I can't wait to get home to start messing with my new unit.

The default effects order on the CONFIG Page is 1>2>3>4>5>6>7>8, left to right. I would like the option where I can set it to 8<7<6<5<4<3<2<1, right to left. The right to left block order mimics a true live pedal board. Some effect types work better in certain parts of the signal path than in others.Is there an audible difference or will it amplify the noise if I manually reroute the order of the default signal path? I would like to place the WAH in the block #8 >(last block of the*chain), and delay in block #1.

FX8 Effects chain: WAH>DRV>PHR>DLY>REV

Can I route it like this?
REV<DLY<PHR<DRV<WAH

Interesting that I didn't even notice. I know the L6M13 has the option to switch between 1>4 or 4>1.

Interesting that I didn't even notice. I know the L6M13 has the option to switch between 1>4 or 4>1.

I have the M13 and the M13 gives you the option to switch from 1> 2> 3> 4 to 4 <3 <2 <1. I assumed since Fractal was making a floor based/true bypass/effects only unit that they would add this option.

Guess I am really missing something here? Are you guys saying this so you Don't have to move the blocks?

Obviously you can make the signal path anything you want. Could someone explain the purpose.

I'm not sure Matt addressed the question. But good to know about that feature.

As mentioned before, the Axe-Fx signal flow in its layout is Left to Right. To be consistent, it seems the FX8 was designed left to right as well.

You might just have to learn to see the effects signal path this way. To me, it honestly makes sense this way. I know pedals traditionally are wired right to left, but on a screen where everything else like text, menu order, settings, etc is left to right, block order going that way as well makes sense.

In fact, I think most if not all fx units "wire" things left to right.

Back
Top Bottom