Death Metal Fans, your favorite presets/amps?

Aeser

Inspired
Anyone else into high gain modern death metal shred tones have some favorite presets they care to share I would love to check them out, and or share any anyone else would be interested in (I'm still tweaking them constantly though).

And what Amps/Cab's do you like for this kind of thing? Ever since I discovered Dyna Cabs I've pretty much used nothing else, and over time I've gone from even using other Dyna Cab's (4x12 USA Mc90, 4x12 Solo 100, 4x12 5153, 4x12 Citrus) to pretty much almost only the 4x12 Recto Straight (I have no pay packs yet though and only work with the factory ones).

As for the amps I like, they'd be ENGL Powerball (Energyball), FAS Skull Crusher, FAS Modern III, FAS Brootalz, FAS 6160, Soldano SLO-100 (solo 100 Lead), EVH 5150 Stealth (5153 100W Stealth Red), Bogner Überschall (Euro Uber), Mesa/Boogie Mark IV (USA Lead Mid Gain Bright), Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Thordenal (Thordenal Modern), Peavey 5150 Block Letter (PVH 6160+ Block Lead), PRS Archon (Archean Bright), Diezel VH4 (Das Metal)

Sometimes with a T808 Mod in front with the drive all the way down tone on 6 and level on 10 to boost it, sometimes with a Klon to boost it in front, sometimes with a PEQ to shape it after the cab.

What do you like?

I love a boosted rectifier with also gain on 10 (I know it’s a lot of gain but works great for that style with low tunings such as B standard and drop A). For cabs Marshall 1960a or a Recto 4x12 to get that nasty 90’s ear bleeding death metal tone.

Back
Top Bottom