Death by Audio Fuzz Gun Effect

Zach Haley

Greetings! I am trying to recreate a sound that is used in songs like U2's "No Line On The Horizon" or Muse's "Pressure". The only way I can describe it is almost sounds like a bouncy rubbery distortion. You can really hear it on the U2 song. I believe that I read a while back that Edge used a pedal call "Death by Audio Fuzz Gun" to get the sound. Does anyone have any suggestions how to create this sound with the AF3?

Reactions: Jt.
This made me listen to No Line On The Horizon, I forgot about all the great tones and little parts in that song. I wonder if that's what he was using to get that super bouncy part starting at roughly 1:30. The Edge is awesome!!!

This made me listen to No Line On The Horizon, I forgot about all the great tones and little parts in that song. I wonder if that's what he was using to get that super bouncy part starting at roughly 1:30. The Edge is awesome!!!
That is the EXACT spot that I was trying to nail! That song is full of amazing sounds!! You can hear it even better on "Version 2" of that song that came with the Deluxe Version.... you can sample on iTunes to hear it.

I'm not hearing an Octavia in either of those songs. Just fuzz.

Back
Top Bottom