Day 1 Questions

Hi folks. Just bought my Ax8 and have everything up and running. For context, I have been on a Boss Me70 for the last 15 years. Obviously no comparison in sound but in terms of functionality, I want to start with having things set in a familiar way to me. The way I have previously done it is I use all 4 foot switches per bank, and each bank is dedicated to one song. Each of the 4 foot switches represents a static 'voice' which doesn't change (s.1 = wet lead, s.2 = crunch, s.3 = low gain, s.4 = clean/wet). In other words, I don't use the Me70 daisy chain/pedal board style.

So my question is, could I set up the Ax8 in a similar way? For an extreme example - s.1 = a Mesa Boogie crunch but s.4 = a Fender Twin Clean.

The reason I ask is because at the moment, as I understand, to reach the different stock presets, you have to scroll using the F-switches, which obviously is not conducive to fast/real time patch change. Meanwhile, the 8 number switches represent modular aspects of a single scene (drive, chorus, gate... etc).

Thanks folks,

Josh

Back
Top Bottom