DAW control surfaces

Bump on this older thread. Namm 2024 displayed a fully developed Nektar CS12 that is catching my eye. Although at launch it’s only integrated for Logic ( great news if you’re a logic user ) and apparently Cubase support is next. My main DAW. Price point isn’t obscene and the features look great. Like a better version of Steinbergs CC121 basically. If it can be mapped easily to plugins and VSTs the way they describe I’m all over it. I was considering softube’s new console mk3 but this CS12 would cover that ground of control plus replace my fader port as a transport

Figured I'd share a few pics of the new unit and my basic setup here. In order to get everything in front of me I installed an undermount desk tray for keyboard/mouse. Opened up all sorts of desktop space. So far, digging this unit.
Hey, what desk is this? Also what keybpard tray did you get? Sorry I know this thread is way old, but it's still relevant!
Well done, it looks great…. But I still stay with Artist Mix and Transport 😉
I have the Avid Artist stuff. I like the compact size and that they can be attached to each other in whatever configuration you want. The one problem I found is the plastic connectors break too easily.

Bump on this older thread. Namm 2024 displayed a fully developed Nektar CS12 that is catching my eye. Although at launch it’s only integrated for Logic ( great news if you’re a logic user ) and apparently Cubase support is next. My main DAW. Price point isn’t obscene and the features look great. Like a better version of Steinbergs CC121 basically. If it can be mapped easily to plugins and VSTs the way they describe I’m all over it. I was considering softube’s new console mk3 but this CS12 would cover that ground of control plus replace my fader port as a transport
This looks nice! If only there were more faders for old schooler guys like me.

Hey, what desk is this? Also what keybpard tray did you get? Sorry I know this thread is way old, but it's still relevant!
The desk I cobbled together from spare pieces from an office supply warehouse that a friend of mine worked at nearly 15 yrs ago. The keyboard tray there is a Startech brand. Very heavy duty.

I have the Avid Artist stuff. I like the compact size and that they can be attached to each other in whatever configuration you want. The one problem I found is the plastic connectors break too easily.

This looks nice! If only there were more faders for old schooler guys like me.
Switched to SSL ecosystem and sold my AVID controllers. I’m happy and waiting for 360LINK to use my UC1 to control every plugins (and not only SSL channel strips.

Switched to SSL ecosystem and sold my AVID controllers. I’m happy and waiting for 360LINK to use my UC1 to control every plugins (and not only SSL channel strips.
damn that's a sweet setup. I was really close to switching over to the SSL as well. Ideally having the 2 units as you do but I dont have the desktop space for it. I heard they were doing an update soon where you could use the SSL units with other plugins which really opens that up.

Back
Top Bottom