Danelectro thoughts?

they work pretty good for me... but then I play both country and slide. had a tan reissue from around 2000 that I loved... still kick myself for selling it... really great clean tone.

honestly a great spaghetti western guitar, great bluesy guitar... you can hear in the zep song/songs that used them that they have a cool kind of 'rockish' sound... but yes, not for everyone.

good enough for page... probably too good for me!

DSCN1812_avatar.jpg

Yours has the improved bridge. Mine was a piece of metal with a hard wooden saddle bit on it, and the metal started to flex, making an inverse curve out of the string heights. Couldn't get them to sell me a replacement, so I fixed it with what I could get....
View attachment 106598
mine had that same issue... but I could still get the action fine on it... c'mon... was part of the charm!
gotta love the seafoam... but yours has 4 knobs? did you rewire it or was that some later version?

mine had that same issue... but I could still get the action fine on it... c'mon... was part of the charm!

Mine wouldn't adjust into a playable state, so I made it work.

gotta love the seafoam... but yours has 4 knobs? did you rewire it or was that some later version?

Had some scratchiness and other pot issues. Couldn't get the proper stacked pots, so I made it wowk with what I could get. Found some nice early '60s Fender amp knobs that kinda matched the originals' color scheme. Wiring is in series like the thing was from the factory.

Mine wouldn't adjust into a playable state, so I made it work.

Had some scratchiness and other pot issues. Couldn't get the proper stacked pots, so I made it wowk with what I could get. Found some nice early '60s Fender amp knobs that kinda matched the originals' color scheme. Wiring is in series like the thing was from the factory.
right on. they match pretty good.
also... that original saddle was rosewood... so in todays street market value... well I hope you held on to it lol.

they work pretty good for me... but then I play both country and slide. had a tan reissue from around 2000 that I loved... still kick myself for selling it... really great clean tone.

honestly a great spaghetti western guitar, great bluesy guitar... you can hear in the zep song/songs that used them that they have a cool kind of 'rockish' sound... but yes, not for everyone.

good enough for page... probably too good for me!

View attachment 106696
I'm probably being thick but what guitar is that? 4 lipsticks? Interesting.

I'm probably being thick but what guitar is that? 4 lipsticks? Interesting.
thank you I'm flattered. something I built for myself to replace my tan dano. figured I'd find out what happens when you build a dano out of mahog/maple/ebony... shocker: still sounds an awful lot like a dano... well close 'nuff for me anyway!

thank you I'm flattered. something I built for myself to replace my tan dano. figured I'd find out what happens when you build a dano out of mahog/maple/ebony... shocker: still sounds an awful lot like a dano... well close 'nuff for me anyway!
Cool you built it! Nice top too!

What's the wiring? Pairs of pickups in series out of phase to make two mutant humbuckers, with a normal 3 position selector?

Cool you built it! Nice top too!

What's the wiring? Pairs of pickups in series out of phase to make two mutant humbuckers, with a normal 3 position selector?
well... all my builds tend to use a similar scheme similar to the one below. basically I have a rotary switch that interacts with the 3-way to yield a number of different "modes" for the 3-way where I do sort of prs-inside-vs-outside coils, single coil and humbucker options... and series parallel for each variation. kind of my thing. hehe, don't get me started!
thank you on the kind comments.

4SingleCoils_4P6T_HH_2Vol_3wayTog_v1.3.png

Masonite? Wow. I can't see (hear?) that even vibrating. But what do I know?
That video you posted had some nice sounds!
Wonder how it'd sound running thru a high-gain Mesa! Playing Kashmir!
I think I used the right term. It's like the stuff they made the old school clip boards with, the brown press board.

well... all my builds tend to use a similar scheme similar to the one below. basically I have a rotary switch that interacts with the 3-way to yield a number of different "modes" for the 3-way where I do sort of prs-inside-vs-outside coils, single coil and humbucker options... and series parallel for each variation. kind of my thing. hehe, don't get me started!
thank you on the kind comments.

View attachment 106697
Nice! Non-interactive Gretsch-style wiring for the volumes. Add a master volume between the tone pot and output jack, and you have the wiring in my 245, more or less....

I think I used the right term. It's like the stuff they made the old school clip boards with, the brown press board.
I wasn't questioning what you called it. Just seems odd to use it. It's a type of laminate. It's real dense on the outer surfaces. We use it in 1/8" 4x8 sheets to protect floors when remodeling homes.

I wasn't questioning what you called it. Just seems odd to use it. It's a type of laminate. It's real dense on the outer surfaces. We use it in 1/8" 4x8 sheets to protect floors when remodeling homes.
The originals were (I believe) covered in Formica... So basically it was a countertop turned into a guitar ;)

You're good. You just put it in italics and had me questioning myself.

Yes, it is an odd material to use, but you have to really go back to the history of the company. The line started as a really "budget friendly" outfit. They disappeared for awhile, but are coming back. They seem to be staying true to form, but with better construction.

Back
Top Bottom