Custom Shifter Issue SOLVED

shep

Inspired
I'm programming a couple different custom scales in C. I am using Custom Scales 10 and 11. Working on 10, the scale is laid out in pic 1. Pic 2 shows Custom Shifter in place and Scale 10 selected. I push the switch to engage it and it plays harmony. Just not what's in Scale 10 ( a C major scale but Bb and Eb play major 3rds). But iinstead, C plays Eb (set to 4 semitones in 10) Bb correctly plays D (4), A incorrectly plays C# (3), E incorrectly plays G# (3), F incorrectly plays Ab (4), G incrrectly plays Bb (4). What am I doing wrong, please? Thanks muchCustom Scale 10.pngCustom Shifter Block.png

Last edited:
Update - I programmed the 2nd custom shifter scale #11. I set C to -5 semitones. Unison sounded. Started playing chromatically up the scale. When I got to Eb the -5 semitone sounded. I am so lost. Not using a virtual capo. The other Pitch in the preset is a blubox.
Regular scale harmonies work fine. Custom is jacked for me. I'm sure a lotta folks are out gigging. Mine's at noon tomorrow.

Thanks so much, my friend. That right there though, is waaay more instant transposer than I have in me on any day. Sounds like a wish list hope and prayer! Thanks again Moke!

Thanks so much, my friend. That right there though, is waaay more instant transposer than I have in me on any day. Sounds like a wish list hope and prayer! Thanks again Moke!
Post exactly what you need, and maybe some nice Fractal forum person might share a 'Global Custom Scale' file that you can easily import into one of your slots.

Another option is to set the 'Key' in the pitch block to 'A'. That will make the semi-tone intervals for each 'note' match what you programmed.

But honestly, that is more confusing to me. Especially if you wish to use that Custom Scale in another preset, and in another 'Key'.

Post exactly what you need, and maybe some nice Fractal forum person might share a 'Global Custom Scale' file that you can easily import into one of your slots.
I appreciate the idea. I did get it sorted with 3 Custom Scales and a few brain cells that went off the cliff - no pun intended.

Back
Top Bottom