Wish Custom labels for scene controllers

MrPond

Experienced
Hey folks!

I love scene controllers - but after a while, I simply forget how I use my scene controllers ...
Of course I can peak into the preset list of modifiers, but still - it's very general to work with "... controller 1, ... controller 2" especially if you work always in a similar way (scene controller 1 is for reverb mix across presets, 2 for drive ... and so on).

It would be nice to have some kind of custom labels.
With this approach, I could rename those controllers and would be safe for future edits :)

So long,
Niklas

Fully agree! I find it very advantageous to try to stick with one amp using SC’s in different settings for clean versus overdrive tones. Once I saw Leon Todd’s SC tutorial, it was game on! Right?

Often I’ll be adjusting input and master using SC 1 & 2. I generally put the delay and reverb on 3 & 4. This keeps it somewhat straight in my head but…

Sometimes you want to use your expression pedal to roll effects in and out for one scene only - and that’s where it can get confusing. I like to use quite a lot of different sounds for different songs; I suspect others take this approach as well 😉

Label option would be great!

In fact, I would like to have more scene controllers as an option if possible. That is, as long as it doesn’t bog down the CPU!

A Scene Controller (just like any other modifier) can be assigned to control multiple parameters at the same time... I'm not sure how a custom name really helps.

Yep. But if/ when you’re using /editing over 50 of them on a regular basis (upping ur game), an editable name would be a benefit to idiots like me who can’t / don’t want to waste brain cells to remember all those customizations.

I’ve got much more fun things to waste my brain cells on…

Was just about to request this, I got totally confused at my last gig trying to make quick changes and being unsure of which scene controller was affecting which etc ..

+1 for this feature. I think it would also be helpful if, in Axe Edit, the scene controllers were always visible at the bottom of the screen, and/or a detachable window.

I have 4 cc pedals doing various things depending on the preset. I got confused and lost track. Now I kinda standardized it. I have cc4 that is the 'special one' usually. With of course some exceptions.
Anyway, I now put it in the preset name. Like: JCM800 CC4GN Meaning CC4 is gain. Best I can do. or I make it a name of a scene.

Back
Top Bottom