Cubase Users - Help a Novice Out

jakel

Power User
I've had Cubase V4.0 for a while now, but just never had the time to play with it much. So now I'm getting into it and have come across a problem I can't seem to figure out. If I create a couple of audio tracks, record something on each of them, then the second track's timing is off by a hair over a whole measure when I play them back. I'm playing both of them to a drum part via EZ Drummer.

It first happened in an older project I was messing around with so I created a new project of type "default." I then put the EZ Drummer instrument in and dropped in some loops. Good so far. Then right clicked and selected "add audio track," type mono, quantity two. Then I recorded a guitar part on the first track. It plays back fine, in time with the drums. Then I recorded a guitar part on the second track. Upon playback, it is delayed or offset. If I open the audio editor by double clicking on the track, and then hit play, you can see it go right by the audio for a ways, and then you can start to hear it. If I select the little audition play symbol and click on the audio, it plays exactly as (when) it should. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

I had that for a while... i think it was Cubase 5, though it was quite a long time ago. I changed a lot of gear and the problem went away; my impression was that it was down to the audio interface I was using (or rather the drivers), but I changed computers too, so it may have been something else.

Sorry, probably not much help. But at least you know you aren't alone.

Back
Top Bottom