CPU - How is this possible?

rcknrllmn

Hello,

I was taking a preset I use, that I wanted to clear up some CPU. This preset is currently running at 82.2%.
I deleted the amp and the cab block to use an external unit for the amp/can sim.

I saved a copy in another location without the amp/cab blocks. The cpu for this same preset without
the amp/cab blocks is still 81.5% I'm a little puzzled by this. I was hoping to clear up some cpu for some more complicated fx routing.
How is this not clearing up more cpu?

Thanks

+1 to what Chris said

if you're looking to save CPU, reverb is probably the biggest cpu hog you can switch things a bit to improve (echo density/economy)
pitch/plex/multiband compressor/multidly have quite a lot of cpu usage as well

if you want to post a screenshot of the preset or post the preset can offer some ideas to save CPU

Ok, I've already made some of my own adjustments, but I'll share my preset before alterations to see what suggestions may help me.
First, I'll explain I little about what I am doing here. The split from the input is so I can switch between acoustic & electric guitar sounds from my VG-99 with minimal sound gaps. The two comp blocks I copied from the Hell's Glockenspiels preset to copy the Schaffer-Vega Diversity System which I kind of like. I think it adds a little mojo. I was intending to add output & input 2 to do a 4-cable method with my Boss GT-1000 Core, and eliminate the Amp/cab blocks, so I could add other blocks such as pitch or something else. Anyway, I can work this out without too much problem. I also have the option of using more effects from the GT but was hoping to be minimal to not have to do a bunch of midi CC's and such. But if you see a more efficient way I can better my CPU that would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• 59 Bassguy+Ac Scn6.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Hello,

I was taking a preset I use, that I wanted to clear up some CPU. This preset is currently running at 82.2%.
I deleted the amp and the cab block to use an external unit for the amp/can sim.

I saved a copy in another location without the amp/cab blocks. The cpu for this same preset without
the amp/cab blocks is still 81.5% I'm a little puzzled by this. I was hoping to clear up some cpu for some more complicated fx routing.
How is this not clearing up more cpu?

Thanks
Even though the FM3's cab block partially runs on the FPU, it still saves 5% CPU when a single standard IR is in use, more if Ultra-Rez IR's are in use, and lots more if the Cab Block's Room Sim and Preamp features are used.

For that reason I choose to use an external Two Notes Torpedo CAB in the FX Loop for cab sims (allowing two fully positionable mics at 2048 points which is the same as the FM9's and AFX3's Dyna-Cabs, vs the FM3's Dyna-Cab's at 1024 points, with one cab, Room Sim/Reverb, Tube Power Amp sims which aren't being used with the FM3, and EQ).

My total CPU savings are around 20% CPU plus, which really helps the FM3 do more with regards to all in one "kitchen sink" presets (for pristine cross-fades in my case, with a vintage non-turbo FM3).

This would not be needed with a FM9 or AFX3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom