FM3 Cover of Rock and Roll All Nite

Excellent!! Nailed it great. Loved the clip from the Tomorrow Show where Ace was supposedly annoying the hell out of Gene and Paul.

Great job there! I like it. I like the Ace clip at the end. Some of us are old enough to have seen that show when it ran, haha.
Oh yeah I was watching it. I was still somewhat of a Kiss fanatic at that point and thought it was all great. I didnā€™t realize that Ace was probably putting the last straw on the camelā€™s back that night. I guess Peter too. LOL!

Thank you for the kind words, guys. I really appreciate the positive comments. We had a lot of fun making this.

I'm the guy playing the EVH Frankie and my friend Nick played the Les Paul. I had Nick plug into the FM3 and he was blown away. He asked me for the link to the Fractal FM3 website and ordered one a day after we recorded his parts.

The Ace audio clip at the end was from the Tom Snyder Show. You can actually hear Tom laughing along with Ace. I remember watching that on TV at the time and thought Ace has one of the funniest laughs I'd ever heard.

The Ace audio clip at the end was from the Tom Snyder Show. You can actually hear Tom laughing along with Ace. I remember watching that on TV at the time and thought Ace has one of the funniest laughs I'd ever heard.
Not to be that guy, but the show was called ā€œTomorrowā€ sometimes ā€œTomorrow with Tom Snyderā€. Thought it maybe would good for those who have no clue who he was or what the show was. Your right he did have a distinct, hardy laugh. Dan Ackroyd did a great impression on SNL centered around his laugh. And of course Aceā€™s laugh is notorious. Those were the days.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Snyder
The whole thing:

Last edited:
I stand corrected. My family always just referred to it as "The Tom Snyder show". At any rate, as a guy now in my mid-50's, anytime KISS, Elvis, or any of the Beatles were on TV back then - I always tried to make sure I caught it.

At least in the 80's we had VCR's. šŸ˜†

I stand corrected. My family always just referred to it as "The Tom Snyder show". At any rate, as a guy now in my mid-50's, anytime KISS, Elvis, or any of the Beatles were on TV back then - I always tried to make sure I caught it.

At least in the 80's we had VCR's. šŸ˜†
I should say youā€™re also correct that most people including myself referred to it as the Tom Snyder show or just Tom Snyder.

Iā€™m 57 and at one time was the typical KISS nut. Dressing up, makeup, faking breathing fire with hairspray and a lighter, etc.. Also, in the Alex Lifeson Gift of Tone thread I credited Alex as the man who inspired me to play guitar, and in the ā€œseriousā€ sense this is true. However it was Ace and Kiss that started my fascination with music, performance and guitar. At the time I lusted after a Les Paul Deluxe like Aceā€™s. The ironic thing is as much of a KISS freak I was I never got a chance to see them. On top of that I have never owned a Les Paul of any type. In fact I never owned a Gibson. One of my first guitars was a Cortez copy of a Gibson L6S. Actually a nice guitar.

Sorry for hijacking your post. šŸ„“

Old ears here but a plus for the instrumentals and a minus for the vocals. But to be fair our little group in the 70s had trouble with nailing the vocals, too.

I should say youā€™re also correct that most people including myself referred to it as the Tom Snyder show or just Tom Snyder.

Iā€™m 57 and at one time was the typical KISS nut. Dressing up, makeup, faking breathing fire with hairspray and a lighter, etc.. Also, in the Alex Lifeson Gift of Tone thread I credited Alex as the man who inspired me to play guitar, and in the ā€œseriousā€ sense this is true. However it was Ace and Kiss that started my fascination with music, performance and guitar. At the time I lusted after a Les Paul Deluxe like Aceā€™s. The ironic thing is as much of a KISS freak I was I never got a chance to see them. On top of that I have never owned a Les Paul of any type. In fact I never owned a Gibson. One of my first guitars was a Cortez copy of a Gibson L6S. Actually a nice guitar.

Sorry for hijacking your post. šŸ„“
Hey bud, I'm with ya. I'm 59 and my first times (of many) seeing KISS and Rush was back in 1977. They were my 2nd and 3rd concerts ever.
Both shows left a huge impression on this kid just starting out on the guitar.

@GitGuy513 - going back and watching more of that video of the band with Tom Snyder - you can clearly see that Gene is getting irritated. Paul is annoyed but to a lesser degree. And that makes it even funnier. Ace clearly understands the absurdity of grown men wearing makeup and costumes, while Gene the businessman is taking it seriously and trying to protect the "mystique factor". I'm sure Gene didn't like that Ace kept jumping in and interrupting with his funny quips. Watching Gene get irritated and then the camera zooming in on his "demon boots" is ironic. That said - at the end of the day - Gene has way more $ than Ace does.

Anyway, thanks for posting that video. It brings back fond memories. Being a kid at the time, I didn't really pick up all the non-verbals. šŸ˜‰

@GitGuy513 - going back and watching more of that video of the band with Tom Snyder - you can clearly see that Gene is getting irritated. Paul is annoyed but to a lesser degree. And that makes it even funnier. Ace clearly understands the absurdity of grown men wearing makeup and costumes, while Gene the businessman is taking it seriously and trying to protect the "mystique factor". I'm sure Gene didn't like that Ace kept jumping in and interrupting with his funny quips. Watching Gene get irritated and then the camera zooming in on his "demon boots" is ironic. That said - at the end of the day - Gene has way more $ than Ace does.

Anyway, thanks for posting that video. It brings back fond memories. Being a kid at the time, I didn't really pick up all the non-verbals. šŸ˜‰
For sure. I was a kid too, much of what I knew about this was from one of Geneā€™s or Paulā€™s books. I donā€™t think I caught it at the time either. I was too excited that my Rock idols were actually on TV. Ace was acting like a crazy Rock Star which is what they were to me. Youā€™re right, looking at it now itā€™s clear to see Gene is wanting to wring Aceā€™s neck and Paul is much better at maintaining his composure. Ace just keeps on going. Itā€™s pretty funny.šŸ˜† Definitely fond memories. Iā€™m happy you liked it.šŸ‘

Back
Top Bottom