Not a Bug Copying one Amp block "Y" to another Amp block "X" fails

frothingcoma

Using Axe-Edit, the “X” settings from one amp block on an AxeFx II XL + can be copied to the “Y” settings of another Amp block. Copying X -> X, X -> Y, and Y -> Y all work normally. There is ONE condition that I found the copying will not work:

1) Copying source preset Amp block “Y” settings to target preset Amp block “X”, AND

2) The “X” settings are shown on the target Amp block display.

This is, of course, what I had wanted to do. For example, to copy Amp block “Y” in preset 100 to Amp block “X” in preset 200:

1) Select the source preset 100. Click on the Amp block to bring up the settings.

2) Right click or use the drop-down arrow on the “X/Y” button. Select “Copy Y to Clipboard”

3) Go to the target preset 200. Click on the Amp block to bring up the settings.

4) Select “Y” on the Amp block. --- NOTE !! If you select “X”, a logical choice as it is the target, you will instead get the “Y” settings from your target preset 200 copied to “X” in step 5. Copying “Y” to “X” with “X” displayed is the only time this happens.

5) Right click or use the drop-down arrow on the “X/Y” button. Select “Paste to X from Clipboard”.

6) Now, select “X” on preset 200, you should see all of your settings from source “Y” on preset 100.

7) When satisfied, Save the preset.

This appears to be a small defect in the software. Note that copying X -> X, X -> Y, and Y -> Y all work even if the target bank is selected.

These tests were performed with Axe-Edit 3.14.3 running on Win7 64 bit with an AxeFX II XL + with Quantum 9.03.

I just tried every combination and all worked perfectly.

btw, you don't have to switch to 'X' or 'Y' when you copy or paste.

Back
Top Bottom