Control an effect 2 ways

shep

Inspired
I have a Pitch (Harmony) Block in a preset. In Scene 2 it's set to control the level from CS 5 on button 2 of FC-6. It starts at 0 (off) and kicks in at 2nd half of solo. Works perfectly. I need it to be on at the same on level when I switch from Scene 3 to Scene 4 as it is in Scene 2. I've yet to sort how to do it w/o messing up Scene 2. I tried using Channel B and setting the modifier channel to use only Channel B for Scene 2, 0 min 78 max. I used Channel C for Scene 4, setting the modifier channel to C. If I change the min/max to to work opposite in Channel C it changes Channel B. I don't understand why with 4 discrete Block channels and 4 discrete modifier channels there is only 1 set of min-mid-max controls. How do I properly set this up to work as described? Provided I'm not trying to do something that can't be done.

Folks I'm sorry to ask what may seems like dumb questions. I have read and read the manual and have the CC Master Class and it seems like what I need to do, the way I need it to work isn't covered or I just don't get it. Perhaps because I don't see how to perform tasks by what you all would call 'the right way'. My apologies.

If someone could please shed light on this I'd be most grateful - Thanks!

Last edited:
there are not.

you choose ALL channels, or just one.
Since I was chasing a ghost that way, can you advise how I can do this, Chris? I spent 2 hours and am still nowhere. If it is fully outlined in the manual. I'd love to know where.

Since I was chasing a ghost that way, can you advise how I can do this, Chris? I spent 2 hours and am still nowhere. If it is fully outlined in the manual. I'd love to know where.
Chris already gave you the answer: modifiers can be assigned to ALL block channels or any SINGLE channel.

You can't have a different modifier on each channel.

He clarified that one question. That does not tell me 'how to do what I am trying to. " I have a Pitch (Harmony) Block in a preset. In Scene 2 it's set to control the level from CS 5 on button 2 of FC-6. It starts at 0 (off) and kicks in at 2nd half of solo. Works perfectly. I need it to be on at the same on level when I switch from Scene 3 to Scene 4 as it is in Scene 2.

If I copy the scene from 2 to 4, how do I make it reversed, where it's on instead of off when I change the patch?

So you want to manually control it in scene 2 by CS5, and then having it automatically controlled when you switch from scene 3 to scene 4?

Try going to CS Per Scene and set CS5 to ON for scene 4.

However, that's going to have it on any time you change to scene 4.

There's no way to do it only when you change from 3 to 4.

That will work for me because it's the only time it has to happen. Thanks much for this, unix-guy!

An aside, where in the manual is that detail? I obviously didn't make the connection when it comes to being a second source..

unix-guy seems to have a better handle on what you're trying to say than me (what patch are you talking about?), but it sounds like you're saying you want a parameter to be 0 in scene 1, 78 in scene 2, 78 in scene 3, and 0 in scene 4. Is that right? If so, you can do that with a scene controller.
If it could be that I would use them. But I need Scene 2 to come on when I need it by a footswitch Scene 4 automatically when switching to it. Thanks for chiming in, bud. This kind of control need breaks my brain. 😊

That will work for me because it's the only time it has to happen. Thanks much for this, unix-guy!

An aside, where in the manual is that detail? I obviously didn't make the connection when it comes to being a second source..
Most likely in the Footswitch Functions Guide.

Back
Top Bottom