Considering to upgrade to fm3 from my Ax8!!

samchan

Hi guy, I am now seeking useful advice for my gear. I own an AX8 since 2019, mainly to use at home for home studio. And mainly play metal stuffs (eg. Metallica & slipknot.....). few years with my ax8, I preferably use software instead of the physical knobs. Thus I don't need to worry about those less switched as I use the editor to switch tones. I was planning to sell my Ax8 and upgrade to Fm3. Is it worth paying $150 for this?

PS: Apologies for my bad language, English wasn't my mother tongue><

Is it worth paying $150 for this?
In my opinion, yes. I had the AX8 for a couple of years before getting the Axe III and FM3. While the AX8 will always sound great, there is a noticeable difference in the tone, response and feel of the current modeling platform, Cygnus X2. As far as CPU power, whatever you are doing with the AX8 can more than likely be done with the FM3.

Other factors to consider are the improved drive block, delay and reverb algorithms plus new blocks like the Plex Delay and new Reverb algorithms. The Plex Delay and 'cloud' type Reverbs were a major factor in my decision to upgrade. Fractal has also added many new 'types' or 'models' in a lot of the time-based effects and modulations blocks. They are basically custom 'presets' using existing models within the blocks.

Hi guy, I am now seeking useful advice for my gear. I own an AX8 since 2019, mainly to use at home for home studio. And mainly play metal stuffs (eg. Metallica & slipknot.....). few years with my ax8, I preferably use software instead of the physical knobs. Thus I don't need to worry about those less switched as I use the editor to switch tones. I was planning to sell my Ax8 and upgrade to Fm3. Is it worth paying $150 for this?

If you can sell your ax8 and only have to pay $150 for the fm3; then yes, you should upgrade

I have an ax8, and have had an fm9 for a little over a year (?, year And a half maybe).

They are both great units. When I upgraded, I found that the biggest difference was a bit of clarity, especially in the upper mid frequencies (2k+). None of the settings that I had on the ax8 translated directly to the fm9, so I had to tweak.
The new amps and effects are great and the drives feel better than in the ax8.

Hope this helps.

Yes it is , the FM3 is amazing especially with Cygnus 2.0 that just got released at 999 on sale it’s a steal for all the cool stuff it does

Back
Top Bottom