Considering buying a used AX-8

Zulujos

I have been shopping for a multi-effects unit and had settled on the Boss GX-100....until the AX-8 entered the picture.
My gateway drug to multi-effects was Amplitube but it doesn't lend itself to playing in a standalone application (FYI my use is jamming to backing tracks and jamming with family through a pre-amp and frfr).
I then moved on to the humble Boss GT-1 which I don't hate but am well aware it is sadly lacking. Not being a gearhead my fear of upgrading is steeped in being overwhelmed by the complexities.
I have known the reputation of Fractal Audio and their Axe FX but always considered their products cost prohibitive for my use. That is, until I saw that the AX-8 is not that much more expensive on the used market than the Boss GX-100. As opposed to the GX-100, the AX-8 is not as readily available which I take as a good sign. In addition to the tonal qualities, what I like about the AX-8 Is it's ability to transition between presets without a pause. Do that brings me to my question (FINALLY!); with the AX-8 being a discontinued product that I have to presume FA no longer issues updates, does that diminish or render the AX-8's viability as a multi-effects unit moving forward?

Back
Top Bottom