Considering a new foot controller

Spawn2031

Inspired
Hey guys, I've been using and FCB1010 for the past couple years with my Axe and, for the most part, it's been fine for me. I dont do a whole lot of switching back and forth. I only use 3-4 patches per show. My only real complaint with it, and hence the reason for thinking of getting something new, is the expression pedals. I have a tendency to catch the right one with the edge of my foot while using the left one. It's caused a couple mishaps at gigs so it's time for it to go. My question is... what to go to? I really feel that the MFC is just way more than I need and spending $4-500 wouldn't be worth it for me. Then I saw this little Morningstar MC-6 and I love the price, 6 switches so that's good but I am concerned a bit about it's size. Is it too small? Too easy to get knocked around? Anyway, whatever I move to, I need the ability to use 2 expression pedals with it.

Any feedback on these? Or other midi controllers that are known to work great with the MKII?

This will do the job but you will need a pair of expression pedals.
Amazon product ASIN B07DQPTZ1F

Interesting, I hadnt heard of this one. Yeah that would do the trick. I've got my eye on 2 expression pedals from Mission Engineering when I make the switch. USB or battery powered huh? Have you used this one? How long does it run on batteries? This is going to be for live performances so powering it via usb wont really be an option.

You can power it with 2 AAA batteries, in the manual they said 40 hours. i have one but i never use it with batteries, and if you attach some wireless midi you can have a wireless pedalboard.

I have one using a volume pedal with the ring/tip cable plug as an expression pedal with no issues. It is small but I've put some Velcro on the bottom to make it stick. I also just got in a Voes MX-18 and it is a little more but has everything you could ever need. He has an MX-12 as well. The Morningstar has 30 pages/layers of programming so you won't be limited with it. It will not synch with Axe but the LCD can note on and off. The Voes will synch with the Axe. You can also use an HD500 or HD500x.

Back
Top Bottom