Connection problem / Possible workaround

Imzadi

Hey guys,

I've been having a connection problem as well, but I realized that happens when I also have another* MIDI program open (PT, DP). Once I close the program I can restart the Axe Edit and it works fine.

This is an issue since I need the Axe Edit the most when I'm recording. At least this might be a clue of what the problem is?

FYI this was also an issue with Axe 1.9, which I reported a few days ago (I was hopping this wasn't an issue in ver 3).

Here's my system info:
OX 10.8.2
FW 11.0
USB Drivers 167
Connected directed to Mac (no hub)

Thanks for the help!

EDIT/UPDATE: *Sorry, this doesn't happen with any MIDI program, only with some DAWS

Last edited:
I've been trying to troubleshot this issue and was able to narrow it down to something that is system specific. This is good because it means not many people are having this same problem and this is bad for exactly the same reason... :(

Basically it comes down to a program called Vienna Studio Pro. This is a common software to host VI instruments and is used a lot for tv/film scoring. It seems that when my DAW is using more than a few VEP channels Axe Edit 3.0 can't connect to the hardware. The workaround has been disabling a few channels and keep working. It's all very strange since Vienna works as a plugging and it doesn't use USB.

If you guys need more info let me know, I'd love to help tackling this issue. Although I have the feeling this problem might be tricky to resolve, especially because not many people use Vienna except for big scoring templates.

On the other hand (and not wanting to sound negative) I'm just in shock about how good the 11.0 firmware sounds, big props to the programmers!
It's a big improvement over 10. The Axe 3.0 is very stable too (besides this thing) and it feels like a solid base to start adding more features little by little.

Back
Top Bottom