Connecting to tube amp

I have a fender champ 5 watt with only a volume knob, can I connect the FM3 Turbo to it and use it just for the effects, Reverb, chorus and delay Mostly I’ll be using it for headphone use but was wondering if this would work! I dont have room for another amp like the FR ones and still love playing clean through my wee amp.

Absolutely. The manual will have suggestions on how to connect it up for various scenarios. You will need to setup specific presets for that specific purpose.

It's a bit like getting a 1000 piece tool set and using only the hammer. But if you need to drive in a nail, that's still the right tool.

The headphone experience will be a very different experience.

Absolutely. The manual will have suggestions on how to connect it up for various scenarios. You will need to setup specific presets for that specific purpose.

It's a bit like getting a 1000 piece tool set and using only the hammer. But if you need to drive in a nail, that's still the right tool.

The headphone experience will be a very different experience.
I’m think just put off Amp and Cab but still wasnt sure if it was wise thing to do. Yeah I realise headphone and monitoring through speakers will be different , will work round that I’m sure, make different presets for headphones etc! I best get reading the manual lol

I’m think just put off Amp and Cab but still wasnt sure if it was wise thing to do. Yeah I realise headphone and monitoring through speakers will be different , will work round that I’m sure, make different presets for headphones etc! I best get reading the manual lol
Definitely deactivate or remove the Cab sims when plugging into your Champ.

If your Champ is set fairly clean, you can use it as a pedal platform with Wah, Compressor, Modulation, Drives, Delays, Reverb, etc..

Or if really clean, you could try using Amp modeling too.

I recently tried this with my fm3 and pro jr. Disabled cab block and ran out of 2L straight into the amp input. Lowered the treb knob on the amp and it sounds incredible. Really don't know why I didn't try this sooner.

The amp models are basically acting as very dynamic overdrive pedals/preamps. I really dig it.

Definitely deactivate or remove the Cab sims when plugging into your Champ.

If your Champ is set fairly clean, you can use it as a pedal platform with Wah, Compressor, Modulation, Drives, Delays, Reverb, etc..

Or if really clean, you could try using Amp modeling too.
Cool, thats what I was thinking so glad it will work.

I recently tried this with my fm3 and pro jr. Disabled cab block and ran out of 2L straight into the amp input. Lowered the treb knob on the amp and it sounds incredible. Really don't know why I didn't try this sooner.

The amp models are basically acting as very dynamic overdrive pedals/preamps. I really dig it.
Yeah awesome, looking forward to trying that now! I had a pro Jnr but my Champ doesn't have a treble lol, just a volume.

Oh dang right, a real champ, not the practice version. Through my Rocker 30 on the natural channel it's crazy fizzy and bright, no EQ, so no adjusting either. I suggest running a lpf to shave off some top end.

I was soo stoked on the tones coming out of the pro jr i jammed for like 2 hours, unheard of for me. I then got too excited and kicked the amp over which broke the plastic input Jack hahaha. It's heading to the shop next week. No more kickback stand for that little guy.

Oh dang right, a real champ, not the practice version. Through my Rocker 30 on the natural channel it's crazy fizzy and bright, no EQ, so no adjusting either. I suggest running a lpf to shave off some top end.

I was soo stoked on the tones coming out of the pro jr i jammed for like 2 hours, unheard of for me. I then got too excited and kicked the amp over which broke the plastic input Jack hahaha. It's heading to the shop next week. No more kickback stand for that little guy.
Lol sounds like you were rocking right out dude! Yeah its the real Champ, great wee things, sound is amazing for 5 watts. I take it the LPF will be on the FM3? Mostly just a bit reverb and delay! I’m going to be lost for says, I can jam for 2 hours with my PRS not even plugged in lol

Lol sounds like you were rocking right out dude! Yeah its the real Champ, great wee things, sound is amazing for 5 watts. I take it the LPF will be on the FM3? Mostly just a bit reverb and delay! I’m going to be lost for says, I can jam for 2 hours with my PRS not even plugged in lol
Yes, you have EQ blocks in the FM3 you can use for a low pass filter.

Back
Top Bottom