Connect drum pad to pedal jack input?

Honken

Inspired
Hi, this may be a stupid question, but here it goes anyway. Can I connect a drumpad trigger to the pedal port of the axe and turn things on and of with it?

I’ve searched a bit, but could not find if someone have tried it. My guess is that the pad will be in a zero state when not hit, and only active when hit. Would this act as a button/switch? And, do I risk damaging the pedal input by trying?

I have no idea how hot the signal from a drum pad is, and no idea how it compares to a normal footswitch. (Like the small boss ones)

I don't think they work the same way... But I'm not sure.

As far as I know, a drum triggers uses a "pulse" - that's how they convey attack / velocity.

A switch works by being open or closed.

Yeah, I believe you are right! Just trying to find creative ways to use the box over here! Hehehe. Then I guess I would need a trigger converter and just do this with normal midi. Hehe.

Did some reading here, and it seems like some roland pads (there may be others as well) that uses a switch on the rim of the pad. Then one could just figure out witch of the leads (ring/tip/sleeve) is the switch and just hard patch it?

(I’m on thin ice for sure)

Back
Top Bottom