Classic Rock / Hard Rock Preset Sound Clip...

WERNER1

Inspired
Kind of looking for some feedback on this one,.. I've been working with creating presets using my Sennheiser HD280 Pro Head phones vs. my monitors.

The clip is my Kramer Bridge humbucker,.. about 1/2 way in I kick in the RC Booster Drive Block (Tweaked to my taste)..

Wondering if you all think it's too "Dark" sounding or not,.. It kind of sounds that way to me, but I almost seem to have to do it this way to make them sound "normal" in the FOH and IEM's .. (I was using my IEM's as well for reference.. )

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rick

Not too dark to me. Sounds pretty good.
What's the Amp you're using?? I haven't tried the RC Booster as a drive block, although I have the pedal and always liked it. What are your settings on that, if you would share?
Anyway, what do you hear or NOT hear?? Guess it depends on what you're looking to achieve.
Good luck and have fun!! That's the point, right?!

I'm going to tweak the preset tonight and add some scenes to make it "usable" for me,.. then I'll post the preset -

I think I'm using the Friedman BE amp,.. I know on the RC Booster the Drive is way down, the level is up, the tone is backed off a bit and maybe a slight mid push on the EQ section,. and the changed the type of Overdrive to "Variable" and bumped it up to around 6 (I've found this works well on quite a few of the Drive block pedals.. ;) )

Listening to it on several devices this morning, I feel that the sound is too dark and tubby/wooly,,.. With the added bottom end, there is a loss in clarity and "Crunch" that I would like to have back while still retaining the warmth and "Chunk". The plus side is that the lead sound I feel is pretty darn good,.. it seemed if I found a good Drive/rhythm sound I liked but then played a lead line, the lead line was always too shrill,.. this one sounds pretty good to me (?)

An easy way to fix that is decrease the MV and ding the right balance of gain/Vol/ Drive a good amount of mids and some presence helps once you get the Vol/MV balance close.
Lincoln Brewster runs his Mids at 10 and treb and pres close to 8. That is with the Plexi amps (when you try those amps run the bass way below 1/2). The Friedman amps are pretty dark

it's dark to my ears. it sounds ok on it's own but wouldn't cut will in a mix. the overall vibe of the tone is cool, just a little dark.

Ok good info guys!,.. I'm going to probably create the scenes for this preset and then leave it "as is" until I have a chance to hear it through FOH and my IEM system on location,... I'm thinking this will translate pretty good there as I seem to lose a lot of bottom end and warmth there for some reason..

An easy way to fix that is decrease the MV and ding the right balance of gain/Vol/ Drive a good amount of mids and some presence helps once you get the Vol/MV balance close.
Lincoln Brewster runs his Mids at 10 and treb and pres close to 8. That is with the Plexi amps (when you try those amps run the bass way below 1/2). The Friedman amps are pretty dark
I used to play a lot of the older Lincoln Brewster stuff (Reaching for you / Strength will rise... ) ... his tone gets a little bit midrangy,.. but it does cut haha!

Back
Top Bottom