Class D/Pro audio PA?

sebby123

So i read the review and saw the prices looking promising im thinking about ordering one this week or another SLA-2 like in my last axe-fx rig, Since i know the art and it has lots of praise on here its the safe route, Has anyone tried and orderd one of the Class D/Pro audio PA's?

No-one has one yet as their still awaiting final bits. You can pre-order but its going to be another month or so before you get one.

Lighningboy has road tested on (the small one) at a gig and really liked it. I demo'd it at the factory.

Both myself and lightningboy have one on order - and I know another forum member has too.

The amps seem quite cheap - BUT - having seen inside, there better quality than the Arts - and anything else in the price range. There were a couple of Crown amps being used as reference and the PA sounded a little better to me - though there wasnt that much in it. The Crown were maybe a little louder, but again not much in it.

It is a bit of a punt I suppose, however - so was the Axe !

At the end of the day go with what you feel. I didnt think the Art was anywhere close to the PA. I changed my Art for a VHT 2:0:2 and was much happier - and the fact that there was no real difference between my VHT and pro-audio does say something. As does the fact than when I get my PA amp the VHT is going. BUT thats me. I can go to the factory you maybe cant. I dont NEED the amp right now as I have the VHT, you might need it before PA can deliver.

FWIW the Rocktron Velocity 300 I felt was better then the Art SLA, but not as good as the Pro-Audio. Maybe if you need one nowr or dont want to risk the Pro-Audio, you should check out the rocktron.

I just spoke to the guys at Class D regarding the Pro Audio amps and put in my order as well.

They seem like quite a small operation but after talking for the last 20 mins to them I have every confidence in their ability to get this to market quickly.
Apparently there are only 3 companies making MOSFETS anywhere in the world at this time and they are one of them.

Apparently everything will be ready in 4 weeks time and then about a 1 week build time.I've ordered mine with Jack inputs and Neutrik combi outputs.
Can't wait.

octatonic said:
I just spoke to the guys at Class D regarding the Pro Audio amps and put in my order as well.

They seem like quite a small operation but after talking for the last 20 mins to them I have every confidence in their ability to get this to market quickly.
Apparently there are only 3 companies making MOSFETS anywhere in the world at this time and they are one of them.

Apparently everything will be ready in 4 weeks time and then about a 1 week build time.I've ordered mine with Jack inputs and Neutrik combi outputs.
Can't wait.
Hey there Octatonic, which one are you getting and what price are you getting it for shipped? You can PM me if you'd like or just post it here... I just got a PV1500 (to replace my QSC GX5) that weighs almost 50 lbs!!! I'm really interested in this 1U power amp... Who can I call or where can I order it? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom