Clark Kent: YouTube - OwnHammer 4x12 Comparison

Which IR did you like the most?

• Total voters

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O474OFLGufg

Oh my oh my... These cabs are freaking amazing! So well balanced that you don't have to do any post-processing. It's crazy. And only $3 for a multi-mic collection for each cab. Do yourself a favor and try them out. These are also the most realistic IRs I've tried... like even the Tremonti Recto settings work with these. Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne both guarantee you'll love them.

But the main question is WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE THE MOST IN THIS VIDEO?

I'm using the SM57 mic position 3 with every cab so it's a fair comparison. I sure as hell can't decide which one is best... they're all so good. :D

Last edited:
Damn they sound good, i had to have the Mesa V30,1 and the Scumback..They both sound AWESOME and as good as each other!!
Not keen on the Mills, for this clip anyway, seems to be missing that in your face raw tone.

Uploading the Patch?? :)

Great work. I've owned the recto cabs for a while but bought the scumbacks last week and for Marshall tones these are great! I played them for the first time live yesterday and they sounded superb at high volumes too!

Patches?
icon6.png

Spence

Here are the patches. No global EQ. That's how I roll now. :D

Attachments

• OwnHammer Recto.syx
    2 KB · Views: 103
  • OwnHammer Shiva.syx
    2 KB · Views: 77
Yeah the Mills cab sounded a bit harsh when compared to other cabs. I'm sure it work great with lower tunings and brootalz. Ofcourse there might be other mics and mic positions that work better with the Mills cabinet. IMO Mesa #1 and #2 are so close to each other. Maybe the #2 is a bit more agressive and scooped. That was a close call for me. Then the Scumback was pure meat in a in-your-face kind of way. Meaty middles. Very even sounding. Love it.

Dig the Mesa1 and the Scumbacks.

Here are my fave IR's:
OwnHammer_412_Mesa_V30-1_Mix-n-Match_4
OwnHammer_412_Mesa_V30-1_Mix-n-Match_5
OwnHammer_412_Mesa_V30-1_SM57_2
OwnHammer_412_Mesa_V30-1_SM7B_2
OwnHammer_412_SLM_M75_Mix-n-Match_5

After discovering the OwnHammer IRs I recorded all rhythm guitars for our upcoming album again (!).
I know that this is crackbrained. I'm quite sure that no listener will recognise a difference but I simply had to do it.
These IRs really blew me away!

Great test, by the way :)

Just bought both Boogie Collections... I have the Redwirez Big Box too, but I have to say the Mesa 4x12 Ownhammer IRs are better "out of the box"

I like the #1 V30 best for the high gain stuff and the #2 V30 for the lower gain. Cool demo, thanks for taking the time. Now I gotta go spend some more money. :)

Mesa V30 #2 for me!
still i think the Diezel 4x12 V30 is th ebest IR out there and it's free! :D

Where do we find the Diezel?

all downloads seem to be expired, i'll upload the diezel IR asap, give me a few minutes! :D

cheers
S.

PS:
the IR may not be that good for other styles but definitively kicks ass for metal!

Back
Top Bottom