Christopher Cross Interview

sprint

Axe-Master
Great Interview - though I'm a fan since the first album in the late 70s and I knew he played that buried solo in "Ride Like the Wind" I never knew he was so much a guitar guy till seeing this vid (had pigeon holed him as a singer/songwriter who played guitar but watching this - sounds like he's a guitarist who sings / writes.

loved this interview....but was a bit let down they didnt play the Run Like The Wind solo as an isolated track so all could really here/appreciate.

Great Interview - though I'm a fan since the first album in the late 70s and I knew he played that buried solo in "Ride Like the Wind" I never knew he was so much a guitar guy till seeing this vid (had pigeon holed him as a singer/songwriter who played guitar but watching this - sounds like he's a guitarist who sings / writes.

Really cool stuff… Enjoyed that great interview.

Great interview with Beato. I'm not a huge fan of CC but I like him because he plays Tom Anderson guitars almost exclusively.
I saw him in 1980 at the 3rd annual Texxas Jam at the Cotton Bowl. Unfortunately, he wasn't that well received by the crowd since he was put within a lineup that featured The Eagles, Foreigner, Cheap Trick, April Wine, and Sammy Hagar. The Texas/June heat didn't sit well with him either, as he threw up on stage and cut his set short. I felt sorry for him.

Great interview with Beato. I'm not a huge fan of CC but I like him because he plays Tom Anderson guitars almost exclusively.
I saw him in 1980 at the 3rd annual Texxas Jam at the Cotton Bowl. Unfortunately, he wasn't that well received by the crowd since he was put within a lineup that featured The Eagles, Foreigner, Cheap Trick, April Wine, and Sammy Hagar. The Texas/June heat didn't sit well with him either, as he threw up on stage and cut his set short. I felt sorry for him.
Interesting - he's not an artist I've had interest in to see live - for me, it's more that those early hits are branded into my brain. Semi unrelated side note: I started playing guitar as a winter hobby in the mid 2000s (summer was reserved for golf) and after a year or so was frustrated with what I considered only terrible sounds I could get from my hands and the amps I had tried - I had no clue what modelling was at the time but was watching the vid below and noticed the Pod (bean version) in the rack case behind him (there was a closeup of it in whatever segment I had watched then). I recognized the Pod from the guitar store and thought - wow that sounds really good - maybe I need to try that. So began a long succession of modeller purchases leading to Axfx and a great hobby in my life - though my playing skills are still shit, what I can play sounds great. So I guess I can thank CC a little for that.

Last edited:
Interesting - he's not an artist I've had interest in to see live - for me, it's more that those early hits are branded into my brain. Semi unrelated side note: I started playing guitar as a winter hobby in the mid 2000s (summer was reserved for golf) and after a year or so was frustrated with what I considered only terrible sounds I could get from my hands and the amps I had tried - I had no clue what modelling was at the time but was watching the vid below and noticed the Pod in the rack case behind him (there was a closeup of it in whatever segment I had watched then). I recognized the Pod from the guitar store and thought - wow that sounds really good - maybe I need to try that. So began a long succession of modeller purchases leading to Axfx and a great hobby in my life - though my playing skills are still shit, what I can play sounds great. So I guess I can thank CC a little for that.

Hey, it sure is a POD! Good eye. The first band I saw use a POD onstage was The Bullet Boys (can't stand 'em, but they were a warmup band) back in around 2001. Their guitarist had a POD on a stand and I remember him manually turning knobs in between songs. Little did I know that modeling would become what it is today...

Back
Top Bottom