Chicago Axe-FX II Users?

tonyoconnor

Hello everyone. I've been mulling over the AXE-FX II for sometime now. I first started playing a POD pro about 13-14 years ago, and then when that died, I went to a PODxt pro, and I've never been satisfied with it - I absolutely loathe the thing! I've read nothing but good things about the AXE-Fx II. About two years ago is when I first saw one, the caveat is at the time I had no idea what I was actually looking at. It was during the Experience Hendrix tour. Needless to say, a close friend of mine was the stage manager at the venue, so I had backstage passes. We took a bunch of pictures, and later, as I was browsing through who was playing what, I noticed Steve Vai was playing one, and that's pretty much when my research began (needless to say, Eric Johnson's 20 minute sound check blew away anything Vai did that night;).

So, my dilemma is this: trying to find one of these to actually hear it from a user's point of view is virtually impossible, and I am not very comfortable sinking that much cash without hearing one first. Are there any AXE-FX II owners in the Chicago-land area who would be willing to demo their rig for me?

I live in Lombard. Please feel free to message me.

Thank you,
Tony

My band is playing at Zante in orland park on the 21st if you want to come check it out. Both myself and the other guitar player both use an axe II live. He's more of a VH type player and I'm more blues rock/marshall type. So you'll get a good variation.

I was in your position not long ago... a little hesitant to shell out $2200 on an amp I can't try first. I've owned an xt live for 10 years or so and its horrible compared to an Axe II. The Axe II will do everything you WANT your line 6 to do and then some. Do yourself a HUGE favor and just buy one. Try it out in your own home. You've got a two week return period if you're not happy...but in the words of the great Yoda..."you will be...you will be..."

Back
Top Bottom