Chibson Buckethead

Jipps0525

Power User
Anyone have experience buying a replica or Chibson Buckethead les Paul? Lord knows I can’t afford a gibson one haha, and for a few hundred bucks would be cool to mess around with a Chibson one. There are quite a few options to choose from and I’m hoping someone can offer some insight!

I have a friend who got the Ace Frehley model. It's what you can expect for quality wise, hardware is crap, same with electronics. But they play decent, maybe with a few key upgrades.

I bought one, triple pickup Gibson SG Custom with Bigsby vibrato.
Took 6+ weeks for shipping. The covering over the headstock took a LONG time to remove.
Electronics and hardware are junk.
The frets needed quite a bit of attention and I installed a new bone nut.
There are finish flaws.
I would not do it again.
The guitar plays okay now though.

Get a Les Paul studio and a Sanwa arcade button. Don't waste time of money on the Chibson.
I looked into this but the problem is the les Paul studio won’t have a 27” baritone scale or the white humbuckers which seem like they’re pretty hard to find; at least the ones Buckethead uses are very hard to find in white nowadays. I think he uses the burstbuckers

I looked into this but the problem is the les Paul studio won’t have a 27” baritone scale or the white humbuckers which seem like they’re pretty hard to find; at least the ones Buckethead uses are very hard to find in white nowadays. I think he uses the burstbuckers
26" scale and not baritone.

Stratosphere sells (or at least used to sell) Les Paul neck/bodies without electronics and hardware pretty cheap.
... if you have to replace that stuff anyway? 🤷‍♂️

Some of the Chinese guitars might use lead paint. That's something to consider. While some argue that the danger of lead-based paint may be negligible on a guitar's finish, I still wouldn't want to take any chances. Especially if I wanted to re-finish the body for some esoteric reason. But I suppose it would be pretty metal (heh) to own a guitar painted with lead white and cadmium yellows …

Yes my bad it is 27". A customer of mine has the custom shop version.

Back
Top Bottom