Wish Channels menu as a footswitch action

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
It'd be great if there was a footswitch action to show a menu of the channels of a specified block, letting you change the channel that block was on.

It's a space-saving way to provide access to that functionality, without consuming (usually) 4 switches to do it.

I hear this has been wished before, but I couldn't find it, just someone asking and being told that same thing. I'd happily upvote an existing wish of someone points me to it.

Yea, it was me. Request was made off-forum.

The genesis for this is an RJM Mastermind feature that @yek had a hand in developing. The gist is you would drop in to "channel select" mode for a block with a switch action. It would then take over switches 1 through 4 with the channel numbers. You select a channel and you're taken back to whatever layout you were on. Hit any switch other than 1-4 to go back to the layout without changing the channel on the block.

It's a brilliant bit of awesome the Masterminds all have that I'd love to see on the FCs.

Bonus points if you can name the channels. :)

I REALLLLLLLLLLLY need to work channel switching into my footswitch layouts. This is an awesome suggestion!
My 8 scenes are usually based around the 4 channels of each of two amps. My presets usually also have 2 drives, usually with all 4 channels set up. Often they're just set in each scene to a channel that works with that scene's amp channel, but they usually work for other amp channels too.

However, I don't want to use up 8 switches to access them! All my footswitches are in use, both short and long press. I'd (reluctantly) give up a couple to be able to get to all drive channels, if that was a possibility.

You can use Channel Inc / Dec instead of directly accessing them. Takes more taps, but uses less switches. I usually have all my effect switches setup up with a hold for Channel toggle or +1.

Yea, it was me. Request was made off-forum.

The genesis for this is an RJM Mastermind feature that @yek had a hand in developing. The gist is you would drop in to "channel select" mode for a block with a switch action. It would then take over switches 1 through 4 with the channel numbers. You select a channel and you're taken back to whatever layout you were on. Hit any switch other than 1-4 to go back to the layout without changing the channel on the block.

It's a brilliant bit of awesome the Masterminds all have that I'd love to see on the FCs.

Bonus points if you can name the channels. :)
Love this! +1 for me

You can use Channel Inc / Dec instead of directly accessing them. Takes more taps, but uses less switches. I usually have all my effect switches setup up with a hold for Channel toggle or +1.
Yeah I've done that too, but it eats a switch only get you access to one additional channel. The Channels Menu approach gets you all 4 channels for that same one switch (plus an additional press).

No free lunch, like they say.

Not so secretly, much as i love my FC12, I lust after an RJM, but money, and I think maybe size, not sure.

Yeah I've done that too, but it eats a switch only get you access to one additional channel. The Channels Menu approach gets you all 4 channels for that same one switch (plus an additional press).

No free lunch, like they say.

Not so secretly, much as i love my FC12, I lust after an RJM, but money, and I think maybe size, not sure.
Channel Increment or Decrement can get all the channels with one switch...

Yes, but with a lot of switch presses.
More than a two choice toggle isn't that practical during a song.
I've done it, not great, would prefer the menu approach.
If you put Increment on Tap and Decrement on Hold then at most 2 presses to get to all 4 channels ;)

Except the 6 channel Multiplexer...

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but it isn't all that hard to do now.

But you may have to traverse thru a channel.

If you put Increment on Tap and Decrement on Hold then at most 2 presses to get to all 4 channels ;)

Except the 6 channel Multiplexer...

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but it isn't all that hard to do now.

But you may have to traverse thru a channel.
I get what you're saying, but that's an entire switch, both press and hold, just to do channel switching for one block.

I'd rather have press bypass the block, and hold bring up the channels menu. One entire switch, but clearly better functionality.

Or, if the channels menu switches support Smart Bypass, so you don't need a dedicated bypass switch, press and hold can do the channels menu thing for two different blocks. Bypass and channel switching for two blocks in one footswitch! Sweet! I'm in!

Back
Top Bottom