Channel switching when 4-cable-method w/ rack amp head and Axe-Fx

Sorenspete

Inspired
Hey guys,

I'm looking at the MESA Boogie Badlander 100 rackmount which looks incredible, but I have no idea how the channel switching works. Is it possible to change the amp's channels with a Fractal FC6/12? Is it even possible to have different presets use different channels of the amp? Tap-dancing on the MESA's channel footswitch and the FC seems totally impractical so I'm assuming there's a better way.

Cheers

If it supports midi channel switching then you just need a midi cable and the Scene Midi block.

If not, you would need a midi controllable relay switcher.

Got curious and looked up the Badlander. Doesn't look like it's got MIDI, so would need a switcher. FWIW, I've used several MIDI control switchers in previous rigs (non-Fractal) and they were very easy to setup and worked seamlessly. I had mine set up like you're talking about, to avoid tapdancing and use different channels for different presets. Worked great! I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work with a Fractal setup for 4CM.

Got curious and looked up the Badlander. Doesn't look like it's got MIDI, so would need a switcher. FWIW, I've used several MIDI control switchers in previous rigs (non-Fractal) and they were very easy to setup and worked seamlessly. I had mine set up like you're talking about, to avoid tapdancing and use different channels for different presets. Worked great! I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work with a Fractal setup for 4CM.
Thanks for the info. This makes sense.

I'm trying to find reviews/vids ofit by non-metal guys lol - proving difficult.

Back
Top Bottom