Carrying AX8 + GT1000FX + NL212

hyunil

Hey all,

Just bought a GT1000FX and a NL212 from Matrix to use with my beloved AX8. I used to carry my AX8 in a backpack, however with these additions, I probably need some sort of a rack case for the GT, preferably something with a space I can use to securely store my AX8 while in transit. Does anyone know of anything that can serve this purpose?

Thanks!

Without checking dimensions or anything to know if it would work...

4u rack, power amp in the bottom slot and a drawer right above it. Affix a couple long Velcro straps to the drawer--drill some holes etc etc--and strap the ax8 down when you need to.

Without checking dimensions or anything to know if it would work...

4u rack, power amp in the bottom slot and a drawer right above it. Affix a couple long Velcro straps to the drawer--drill some holes etc etc--and strap the ax8 down when you need to.

That could work! I might even look for some sort of protection foam! Thanks!

No worries. There's a foam that I've used for my traveling toolbox for a while now that might be just the ticket. Its put together in layers, you just trace out what you want to slot into it and cut through the layers with a razor then peel out what you need to set the right depth. I guess its more of an organizational thing, but I feel like if you can make it fit in there then it will do a good job at protection/shock absorption as well. It held up for the better part of 2 years or so in my box, traveling every month at least once and doing quite a bit of Diesel engine work...and that was with a far less than ideal setup on the foam itself--I just had the stuff glued/tied down on top of plastic trays with nothing coming up around the sides or anything, so they slid around and could flex and all that stuff. Get this stuff tight-packed down in the drawer and cut a good slot for the ax8 and anything else you want well organized and it'll be gold. Comes in different thicknesses so pay attention to that. With a bit of glue you could stack them if you need taller than the thickest size.

Amazon product ASIN B00M42UB2O

Back
Top Bottom