Bug? Can't access first preset of ANY bank.

piofusco

Inspired
Howdy,

This is my first post on this forum - I am a new Axe FX II + MFC-101 user! (Sure wish my first post wasn't here though.. Still a happy camper!)

Anyways, here is my situation..

Once I had acquired all the equipment and cables, I began to hook everything up as stated in the manuals. I had all of the most up to date firmware for both pieces of hardware and installed the latest drivers so I could begin to use Axe Edit and start writing patches. I made the mistake(?) of keep my MFC-101 hooked up while I made edits.

First problem - presets start at zero?

Typical problem most people encounter - I wanted my presets to start at 001 not 000. On my Axe II, I went to the midi and changed the offset from 0 to 1. I exited out and rebooted my unit. Immediately after the start up, my unit starts going through each preset one after another. I figured this was supposed to happen, so I got up and made some tea.

When I got back, I figured the deed was done and I could get back to tone chasing. Unfortunately, my unit wouldn't let me change the preset. It stayed stuck on patch 384, the very last one. I would turn the dial and it would immediately go back to 384. I thought, "Maybe I should unplug my MFC-101?" I did and I was able to change presets with the dial. I figured after another reboot, everything would be fine. However, I was wrong.

After doing some research on here, I thought, "Ah, perhaps I need to change the preset display on the MFC-101 as well!" I changed the offsets both from 0 to 1, correctly (matching) the Axe II. This did enable me to change channels again...but I am still unable to access the first preset of every bank.

Let's say I am on the 1-6. I can access 2-6, but when I click 1 on my MFC-101 it goes from 1 to 2 instantly. Even when I go up/down a bank (let's say I go to bank 7-12), I cannot get to bank 7 with the MFC. However, if I turned the dial on the Axe I can get to that patch - but the MFC will not update.

I feel I have scourged through just about every post concerning problems surrounding these issues. My mind is drawing a blank as to how I should word this in a google site search of the forum itself. That leads me here - please, help and assist!

AND HAPPY FOURTH!

There are two offsets on the Axe.

1. I/O > MIDI > display offset - set to 1 (set the MFC 101 equal to this value. ie. EDIT > Setup >page 2x to "AXE-FX Displayofst" = 1)
2. I/O > MIDI > midi PC offset - leave at 0 (if this is set at 1 it could explain what you are describing)

Back
Top Bottom