Can the FX8 do this?

Wondering if the FX8 has the ability to do the following:

1. Can I set up a flanger block where, when using the X/Y button, it's routed in front of my amp on the X setting and in the loop on the Y?
2. Can I have a patch that bypasses the preamp section of my amp altogether so that the routing is essentially guitar->FX8->power section? I'm looking to create a specific type of sound yet when the chain is configured to be all post (0/8) it still passes through the preamp.

Thanks!

Wondering if the FX8 has the ability to do the following:

1. Can I set up a flanger block where, when using the X/Y button, it's routed in front of my amp on the X setting and in the loop on the Y?
2. Can I have a patch that bypasses the preamp section of my amp altogether so that the routing is essentially guitar->FX8->power section? I'm looking to create a specific type of sound yet when the chain is configured to be all post (0/8) it still passes through the preamp.

Thanks!
for #1, no the block cannot change positions with X/Y, just settings. you'll have to use a 2nd block in the position you want.

for #2, are you using the Pre and Post outputs from the unit? if not, it won't run to the power amp only. if so, i believe there are options you need to set so it knows you're differentiating between pre and post.

for #1, no the block cannot change positions with X/Y, just settings. you'll have to use a 2nd block in the position you want.

for #2, are you using the Pre and Post outputs from the unit? if not, it won't run to the power amp only. if so, i believe there are options you need to set so it knows you're differentiating between pre and post.
Thanks for your reply. It's presently wired in 4CM so yes (?) to your question. To reiterate, what I'm looking for is an option for my guitar to bypass the preamp section of my amp, and essentially use the compressor/EQ blocks as a "preamp" and feed straight into the power section of the amp, while leaving it wired in 4CM for more common applications.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom