Can the Axe do this? If it can, I will buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seriously considering the Axe-FX because I met someone who has one and I have heard the fidelity of the unit. But I didnt have much time or knowledge to play around with it. With that said, can somebody please, please and nicely refer me to any Axe clips that can reproduce this sound of this following clip from the 1:48 point in the song and onwards?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p77YcjWn ... re=related

This live tone is incredible.

AcousticsWizard said:
I am seriously considering the Axe-FX because I met someone who has one and I have heard the fidelity of the unit. But I didnt have much time or knowledge to play around with it.
Not enough of either time or knowledge? Perhaps a Pod would be a better choice.

Jay Mitchell said:

Why are you misrepresenting me and distorting me already? Your behavior is repulsive.

Clearly in the situation what was meant was I did not read the Fractal manual and I had to run, I had no more time to tweak the fractal because I had to be somewhere.

Your unsportsmanlike conduct is grounds for your permanent removal from this forum. And I am reporting this to the moderators.

mark_melling said:
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=IE#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=IvKTojs_gaw

Check this tone out!

What are you talking about? I hear nothing. This site looks suspicious? What are you trying to do, bug my computer?

Can't see the original Video here in Germany. :cry:

I think Mark meant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvKTojs_gaw

Assuming you're going for metal tones, look in the recording section, there are plenty of good recordings.

And forgive Jay. He's a bit impulsive somtimes.
And take care. He's one of the moderators around. ;)

Yes the tone in the clip is amazing. It has it's own very unique character. This sounds like the tone off of the new Fear Factory album. It sounds like there is a good chance Dino used the Axe FX for that. I respect this type of tone too. But it is different than what I am looking for though. But I will check out the recording section you refer me to.

But the metal clips I am startng to hear from the Axe FX seem to be very fat and good for my other projects i have on hold.

michl_666 said:
Can't see the original Video here in Germany. :cry:

I think Mark meant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvKTojs_gaw

Assuming you're going for metal tones, look in the recording section, there are plenty of good recordings.

And forgive Jay. He's a bit impulsive somtimes.
And take care. He's one of the moderators around. ;)

Thanks mate! :) posting a link with an iPhone can
be abit hit and miss!! Sorry about that acoustic..if
you want a virus..postmail me!! :lol:

I love the moderators

mark_melling said:
Thanks mate! :) posting a link with an iPhone can

I love the moderators
No problem. ;)
I love them, too.

michl_666 said:
[quote="mark_melling":362j6snd]Thanks mate! :) posting a link with an iPhone can

I love the moderators
No problem. ;)
I love them, too.[/quote:362j6snd]

Ahh..to be one of the organ banks from sector
7G what more could we ask for!! :lol:

AcousticsWizard said:
Jay Mitchell said:

Why are you misrepresenting me and distorting me already? Your behavior is repulsive.

Clearly in the situation what was meant was I did not read the Fractal manual and I had to run, I had no more time to tweak the fractal because I had to be somewhere.

Your unsportsmanlike conduct is grounds for your permanent removal from this forum. And I am reporting this to the moderators.

It's best just to ignore those types of comments, and not let them provoke you. Unfortunately, they are not a rarity on this forum.

Speaking of the Simpsons...

When I see a post from a particular user (whose name may or may not rhyme with the grass that horses eat) and it makes me want to write an angry response I just re-read the post using "comic book guy" voice:
comic_book_guy.jpg

Then I find I am usually snickering to myself and much less angry.

In response to the original poster's question: Yes, I think the Axe-FX can easily get those old Slayer tones.

AdamCook said:
Speaking of the Simpsons...

When I see a post from a particular user (whose name may or may not rhyme with the grass that horses eat) and it makes me want to write an angry response I just re-read the post using "comic book guy" voice:
comic_book_guy.jpg

Then I find I am usually snickering to myself and much less angry.

In response to the original poster's question: Yes, I think the Axe-FX can easily get those old Slayer tones.

ooohhh ive wasted my life!!! :lol:

Attachments

• simpsons_comic_book_guy.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 104
AcousticsWizard's first foray into the forum was to open a troll thread on basically this same subject that quickly degraded into personal attacks - enough that he received a formal warning. I did not participate in that thread, nor did I have anything to do with warning AW.

My response in this thread was serious. It's going to take time and effort to get what you want from an Axe-Fx, and nobody else can possibly know what you want. We have no idea if you can play the music in somebody else's clip, and guessing whether you can get the same tone with an Axe-Fx is a fools' game. Only you can decide. Buy one and spend a week with it. If you don't bond with it, send it back and get a refund. Demanding that other folks here prove to you what it's capabilities are seems, well, a little self-entitled.

Jay Mitchell said:
AcousticsWizard's first foray into the forum was to open a troll thread on basically this same subject that quickly degraded into personal attacks - enough that he received a formal warning. I did not participate in that thread, nor did I have anything to do with warning AW.

My response in this thread was serious. It's going to take time and effort to get what you want from an Axe-Fx, and nobody else can possibly know what you want. We have no idea if you can play the music in somebody else's clip, and guessing whether you can get the same tone with an Axe-Fx is a fools' game. Only you can decide. Buy one and spend a week with it. If you don't bond with it, send it back and get a refund. Demanding that other folks here prove to you what it's capabilities are seems, well, a little self-entitled.

I woundn't have even dignified this with the response you have!! Hee i'm sure someone soon will be "dictatorial" and
say..your profile is the weakest link..goodbye!! :lol:

Jay Mitchell said:

I agree 100% But was afraid to post, fearing I might be stoned! Literally, not metophorically.

AxeFx can produce pretty much every tone out there,
all you have to do is to have the right guitar and play it the right way.
Don't get me wrong here, you shouldn't buy yourself and AxeFx
only because it can produce that very Slayer tone, AxeFx is so much more...

Jay Mitchell said:

ther you go again with the blatant distortion. How is asking a quaestion even trolling? LOL! I was not the only person to recieve a warning. The moderator even told me others were warned as well for their behavior. (And btw, its not a personal attack when its the truth). I was misrepresented then I decided to say what people were worth and then the forum was closed as a result, and the appropriate warnings were given.

And btw Einstein, the first thread I made was with Dimebag's tone as the main focus. Are you like ok or something? Because if you are not purposefully claiming flasehoods about my posts, then perhaps you might have a sort of medical condition, possibly a mental one, and perhaps you should get the serotonin levels in your brain assesed, because there is cause for concern with your responses to me which make one normally skeptical of your condition.

But, on the other hand, it could also be the case you are pissed off that your waste of 2000 dollars or whatever you paid for this overrated unit maybe cannot do the tones I request, and have no proof of that, and which is why you are displaying a disturbing form of being miserable with others who are asking valid questions. And asking questions is not trolling. Am I making myself clear? If not then get your facts straight because they are not adding up. In fact, your facts are bankrupt.

My response in this thread was serious. It's going to take time and effort to get what you want from an Axe-Fx, and nobody else can possibly know what you want.

Actually it was misinformed and arrogant and also ignorant. Assuming I dont know anything about audio when I went to school for it. So I would not even talk if i were you.

We have no idea if you can play the music in somebody else's clip, and guessing whether you can get the same tone with an Axe-Fx is a fools' game.

Like I actually care to respond to that. All I asked was a question if the unit can reproduce a certain tone and distortion. I am not talking about playing. So your sentence there was poorly thought out and has zero to do with tone. Because whether I can play the clip has nothing to do with how good the tone will sound... I can play it as good as or even better than the artist but on a crate 10 watt it will still sound like a 10 watt crate. So therefore, the "tons is in the fingers" argument is worthless in pro player talk. I heard some fan let up on stage to play dimebag's guitar. The player was not as good but you could still tell it was Dimebag's rig.

. Demanding that other folks here prove to you what it's capabilities are seems, well, a little self-entitled.

where was my demand? where is your evidence to your blatant dishonesty about what i said? No, all I did was ask a question and state i will buy it if the evidence exists. Otherwise prove to me where there was a demand.

Since the AXE FX is based on others requesting it to be capable of certain things, then were all the requesters self-entitled too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom