Can I run this preset in the Ax8?

I have an Axe Fx 2 xl and I am considering the ax8 for traveling. Can anyone confirm that the following is possible?
This is what I need: It is simple, but I don't want to run out of cpu, as I need this for my main preset.

AMP(X clean, Y dirty). CAB(ownhammer 4x12). PITCH(x whammy, y 1 voice pitch shift) DELAY 1( stereo delay), DELAY 2 (tape delay), MULTIDELAY (x plex detune, y quad delay) REVERB (x room y hall)

I use external analog overdrive/booster pedals in front, and possible the fx loop if I need to add something else.

Thanks Ax8 experts!!

Barely, but it looks doable. I get it at about 79% using a Normal res cab (don't have OH but I picked another 4x12). High res cab would make it about 84% which is iffy and may disable something when you're playing.

If you switch to Spring reverb it's down to 65%. (If you like Spring reverb...)

Barely, but it looks doable. I get it at about 79% using a Normal res cab (don't have OH but I picked another 4x12). High res cab would make it about 84% which is iffy and may disable something when you're playing.

If you switch to Spring reverb it's down to 65%. (If you like Spring reverb...)
84% should be just fine. Playing typically adds 2 - 3%. Granted, it's tight. I wouldn't build it and use it at a gig without trying it out with all your X/Y switches first.

Joe, my main preset was around 84%, and when I engaged a block like Chorus while playing for example, it would sometimes disable the Reverb. It didn't happen every time, so it was hard to replicate a specific cause. So I had to remove one of the other blocks, and duplicated the preset in the next slot w/ a different set of fx including the one I removed. ;-(

(this is the preset I mentioned in another thread a few days ago - it wasn't from changing x/y, just from engaging an effect... so once it had to process the signal through that additional block, something changed).

Joe, my main preset was around 84%, and when I engaged a block like Chorus while playing for example, it would sometimes disable the Reverb. It didn't happen every time, so it was hard to replicate a specific cause. So I had to remove one of the other blocks, and duplicated the preset in the next slot w/ a different set of fx including the one I removed. ;-(

(this is the preset I mentioned in another thread a few days ago - it wasn't from changing x/y, just from engaging an effect... so once it had to process the signal through that additional block, something changed).
I understand, but my original point is that a preset running at 84% may be ok, depending on what you do with it. Let's say, you just load it, and never change the state of an effect. It is very likely that it will run without issue. It really depends on your requirements.

Back
Top Bottom