Can I make my expression pedal settings global?

vexamatic

Sorry if this is obvious, but it's not to me. After having set up my Mission SP-1 to be a Wah-Wah and a Volume pedal in one preset, I'd like that to be the default for the Wah-Wah whenever I use that with any other preset. Do I have to set the Wah up every single time I include a Wah-Wah/Volume in a new Preset? At the very least, it would be nice to be able to transfer those settings to another preset.

You can easily copy settings from one preset to another. You first need to add the block to the new preset though. Then in the new preset, press recall and page right to the effect copy and choose what effect and from what preset. I think you have to manual assign the modifier each time though (press Enter on the Control knob) but at least the settings are saved. You can make the block Global as well to keep the settings and changes the same among presets.

My website also shows how to setup global blocks.

You can easily copy settings from one preset to another. You first need to add the block to the new preset though. Then in the new preset, press recall and page right to the effect copy and choose what effect and from what preset. I think you have to manual assign the modifier each time though (press Enter on the Control knob) but at least the settings are saved. You can make the block Global as well to keep the settings and changes the same among presets.

My website also shows how to setup global blocks.

Ah! I think that looks like most of it right there. It just didn't make sense that if in every preset I have and make in the future, that if I always want the same Wah or Vol or other setting to be available, that I would have to reprogram the whole effect from scratch. So you answered the question! Recall is good, but Global can be even better!
I looked at your video on the new feature in Axe Fx II called 'Global Blocks' and there it is! Save an effect to a global block and link other preset effects to that. Awesome! Since I'm a computer programmer, this makes total programming sense. (Some people know about Microsoft's OLE, or Object Linking and Embedding = same kind of idea) and completely logical! The more I dig into the Axe Fx II, the more I'm blown away by all the features.

Thanks for your response and video as well!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom