Can Global Blocks be viewed?

NigelGBR

I have made use of Global Blocks in batches of presets, but I have lost track of which instances of Global Block I have used for particular Blocks, and what is in them. I am hesitant to save any more because I might overwrite an existing instance, and change the presets in which they are used. Is there any way to view what instances of each type of block are in use?

I don't think there's a way to display a list, but if you open a preset, blocks that are linked to a global block will have the Global Block indicator and the number of the link, for instance…

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 10.46.18 AM.png

so it's clearly an Amp linked to Global Block 1. Click on the block and all the settings should be consistent across any others that are linked to that global, and you can see all the information by nosing around the channels like usual.

@Greg Ferguson beat me to how to see them in Axe Edit as I was typing. On the unit itself, it's a bit more tedious to check different blocks but you can see if a block is assigned as a Global block.

In the grid on the front screen, select a block and press <EDIT>. Under the different pages at the top of the screen, there is the Scene #, Chan. # then, if it's assigned as a Global block, the Gbl #.

Thanks Greg and JoKeR. I suspected it might have to be the tedious way! I have been through a couple of each batch of my presets, and I mainly seem to have used only instance 1 and 2 for each block (but I am sure there will be 3 and 4 in some preset I didn't check!).
I have set up a few blank presets, and filled them with each block I used. I am working my way through linking Blocks to instance 1 in the first preset, instance 2 in the second preset etc. When I stop finding linked instances, I might know what I have. Global Blocks are a very powerful and useful feature, but I think I really should have kept notes!

Back
Top Bottom